War of the Worlds SACD at last

I first talked to Jeff about this project two years ago. He told me Sony had asked him if he would be interested in the project. He was supposed to start on it last summer.

I imagine it will be a similar 2 disc set like the cd release. Probably won't be cheap. I'll have to start looking for pre-order prices on some web sites. :clap:

Wow, awesome news! Finally something worthwhile on SACD!

Andy

Does anyone else find this album to be truly terrifying? :rolleyes:

It really is scary imo :eek:

I think i'd rather hear war of the worlds on 5.1 but this is still going to be amazing.

:thumbsup:

Well it will be SACD 5.1...wich is good enough for me.

Gorshin, were you the one scared of Marylin Mason as well? If so, I've got to ask. How old are you? I'm not trying to be a smart @rse or anything...you just seem frigtened of more things than my 6 year old :)

After investigation... You weren't scared of Marilyn. Surprised you're scared of this though.

good news but I feel it might have been better as DVD-A then they could have thrown a few of the piccies up on screen as the music was playing. Just me 2 penneth worth.

KH

JUS said:
Well it will be SACD 5.1...wich is good enough for me.

Gorshin, were you the one scared of Marylin Mason as well? If so, I've got to ask. How old are you? I'm not trying to be a smart @rse or anything...you just seem frigtened of more things than my 6 year old :)

like this, perhaps it should be his Avatar ?

Attachments

• chuckie.jpg
    chuckie.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 43
War of the Worlds on SACD! Aaaaaaaaaaaagh! :eek: I have it on Vinyl, which, despite it being an excellent recording, I loathe! However, the rest of the family love it. If they find out it's on SACD they'll want it, and the excuse that it's too scratched to play (it's in fact mint ;)) won't wash!

So keep quiet! :D

overkill said:
War of the Worlds on SACD! Aaaaaaaaaaaagh! :eek: I have it on Vinyl, which, despite it being an excellent recording, I loathe! However, the rest of the family love it. If they find out it's on SACD they'll want it, and the excuse that it's too scratched to play (it's in fact mint ;)) won't wash!

So keep quiet! :D

:rotfl: yeah, my sympathies are with you. I bought it on vinyl when it first came out, it was around the Rick Wakeman (Six Wives, Journey to the Centre, King Arthur etc) and the rest of my family loved it and sneakily played it when I was out (I guarded my albums like a dragons hoard).

Later on in life they admitted to playing several albums including that particular one...............my reply was why that one ? I just did'nt get it, why not Led Zep or Blondie.

Maybe its the narrative thing, maybe some people need it to make sense of music a bit like listening to an italian opera with sub titles.

Oh yes and it had David Essex on it....... :rolleyes: shudder

I seem to remember there were certain parts of that album that used to entrance my friends dog in a slightly bizzare manner....I don't think it was the Daivd Essex part though! (I secretly quite like that part!), I'm sure that extended bandwith of the SCAD will play havoc with the poor dog's ears this time around.

Oh yes and it had David Essex on it.......
The Missus likes him too! :rolleyes: Luckily it's all on Vinyl, it's pretty obscure, the CD's versions she's found are naff (even for David Essex!) and I just haven't got time to record them....... :devil: Shame! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom