'War of the Worlds' (2019) Studio Canal/Fox version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently about half way through this eight part mini series.

Not the version that is due to debut on the BBC shortly, but the Studio Canal/Fox co-production starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern.

Quite why they've called it 'War of the Worlds' I am not sure, as it bears no resemblance to the HG Wells novel, other than the fact it is about an alien attack on Earth. Quite likely a commercial decision to cash in on the name.

Having said that, this is an infinitely more engaging and interesting yarn than the disappointing BBC version. Bleak, dystopian SF with echoes of the '70s BBC end-of-teh-world series, 'Survivors'

I'm thoroughly enjoying it and will be interested to see how it pans out.
1f642.png

Currently about half way through this eight part mini series.

Not the version that is due to debut on the BBC shortly, but the Studio Canal/Fox co-production starring Gabriel Byrne and Elizabeth McGovern.

Quite why they've called it 'War of the Worlds' I am not sure, as it bears no resemblance to the HG Wells novel, other than the fact it is about an alien attack on Earth. Quite likely a commercial decision to cash in on the name.

Having said that, this is an infinitely more engaging and interesting yarn than the disappointing BBC version. Bleak, dystopian SF with echoes of the '70s BBC end-of-teh-world series, 'Survivors'

I'm thoroughly enjoying it and will be interested to see how it pans out.
1f642.png

thought that title seemed familiar;

Last edited:
thought that title seemed familiar;

Did a search for 'War of the Worlds' before I posted, but all that came up was the BBC version.

Can a moderator please close this thread? Thanks.

Did a search for 'War of the Worlds' before I posted, but all that came up was the BBC version.

>> Can a moderator please close this thread? Thanks.

^^ @Garrett

A search would have yielded that non-result, because "Film & TV On-Demand & Streaming" is a different section to the main 'TV Shows' section where the main threads are. Yes there too many similar sections where you can add a thread :(

Last edited:
^^ @Garrett

A search would have yielded that non-result, because "Film & TV On-Demand & Streaming" is a different section to the main 'TV Shows' section where the main threads are. Yes there too many similar sections where you can add a thread :(
It would in all likelihood, as it seems to work funny for me if I'm looking for something across Movies, TV, Blu Ray and did a search without going into one I get results from every forum e.g. General Chat, Computer forum etc. It's only when I go into say TV shows and do a search do I contain my search to this area e.g. Collectibles down to Music.
Well that's how it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom