War of the worlds (2005) 2 Disk DTS

Nice spot, I have the R2 pre-ordered with Asda for 73p more so will probaley leave it with them as the R3 is released later but for anyone who hasent pre-ordered already its a great price.

donnachaoc said:
excellent, nice to see an R3 cheaper version :), always fearful of the R3 pic quality though...

I've been very impressed with R3 quality, depends on the age of the release of course but for new releases it's just as good as R1 and R2 for that matter.

Hopefully by the time this is released my Nectar points will have built up again and I'll order it through the Nectar scheme...PJ

donnachaoc said:
excellent, nice to see an R3 cheaper version :), always fearful of the R3 pic quality though...
As its a big company releases I would imagine the quality of the film and extra features to be identical to that of the R1.

PJTX100 said:
Hopefully by the time this is released my Nectar points will have built up again and I'll order it through the Nectar scheme...PJ

I'm just about to start using my 9000 or so Nectar points at CDWOW.

Gonna use most on ER S5 in a few days...

From then on i think i might as well just get a free dvd every now and then instead of watching the points add up year after year :rolleyes:

Indiana Jones said:
As its a big company releases I would imagine the quality of the film and extra features to be identical to that of the R1.

R3 seems to be a bit hit and miss sometimes although i don't have other regions of the same dvd to compare to.. spiderman 3 was great, the punisher was awful, dawn of the dead pretty bad, indiana jones great. not watched danny the dog yet but i've heard the picture on that is ok but not great.. i suppose it's one of those situations where you buy a dvd and aren't impressed by the PQ then just assume it's cos its R3, when in reality the PQ on the other regions might be crap too.

I usually find that region 3 DVDs are as good as their region 2/region 1 counterparts on new releases, particularly of the last couple of years. However older releases of older films tend to be a very mixed bag. More recently I've been put off region 3 DVDs basically because CD wow has put their prices up so that they are more comparable with region 1/region 2 DVD prices, maybe only a pound cheaper. For me that defeats the object of buying region 3 DVDs so now I wait for a few months after the region 2 release to pick them up closer to £8.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom