• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

War for the planet of the apes 4K Steelbook

HELP101

Just to let you no that war for the planet of the apes 4k steelbook is up for pre-order at HMV for £24.99 if someone is looking for it hope this helps ok.

Last edited:

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
And it has the 3D disc as well

NM2160

Winnie1221

I'll probably wait for the UHD review before buying, but this is one I hope will get the Atmos soundtrack.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Just been to see this. Great movie, forget other trilogies about people like Steve Rogers or Tony Stank or Luke Skywalker, the story of Caesar the Ape is an epic tale which deserves all the praise it gets.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Artwork is up.

DHgfCuPXoAE77lQ.jpg

samdavies

Distinguished Member
I do not fudgeing like that at all. doesn't match the other 2 steels in the slightest and no title on the spine. bastards :mad:

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Might look nice in the "flesh", if the steel is white and spot gloss on Caesar, but overall a bit of a fail :(

samdavies

Distinguished Member
Apparently it will have the title on the spine. So I'll live with it.

NM2160

Not the best is it.

Nope, it's bloody awful . Some of the worst 'art' I've seen for any release tbh.

I certainly don't get why Cesar & the horse he's riding on look radioactive or something o_O.

yandybox

Distinguished Member
Nope, it's bloody awful . Some of the worst 'art' I've seen for any release tbh.

I certainly don't get why Cesar & the horse he's riding on look radioactive or something o_O.

:laugh:

I think the pinkish outline doesn't help show how it will look, and the fact it looks like it splits the spine. :confused:

Still the steelbook to me is just a bonus, it won't be displayed so I can live with that cover.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Awful, didn't look too bad as a smaller image but terrible now I've seen a proper image.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
To anyone who’s imported the US disc,

How did it look? And has anyone done a comparison to the BD ?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom