1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

War Dramas

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Rasczak, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,216
    I see a week on Monday (15th Sept) two new WWII dramas are released on DVD - the BBCs Gathering Storm and Conspiracy. Saw the first on BBC sometime ago and thought it was OK, but what about the second? The dit on Blackstar sounds interesting:

Anyone heard anything about this - or even better seen it?

On a seperate note - for those interested in WWII war dramas I thoroughly recommend "Enemy At The Door". An excellent WWII drama set on the occupied channel islands and available on Region 1 DVD. Well worth a look IMHO.

2. sdh500

sdh500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen Conspiracy. It is fascinating. Very well acted. Branagh in particular is brilliant. Absolutely chilling. He manages to be both charming and utterly ruthless. Don't miss it!

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,216
    Cheers - I'll place an order for 'Conspiracy' then.

On the subject of WWII drama there is a new mini-series coming "Hitler: Rise Of Evil" which, by all accounts, is going to be quite good. Due on Channel 4 later in the year and on DVD in October.

4. chard

chard
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Conspiracy won a BAFTA earlier this year, well deserved, it is a classy production and drama.