Wap Pre Shared key No Longer Works!

kosovosteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got in from work this evening and found that my PS3 would not sign me in. It turned out that it was not connecting to my netgear router. After many hours searching for the reason why it had done this (having worked perfrctly for months) I found that disabling the wap key security sorted the issue out. This means that I can now connect my PS3 to the net but can't use any sort of security.

Any ideas?:confused:

This happened to me ages ago but all I did was hard-reset my router and re-entered all the details in again (with a new passphrase for the key). Since then I've had no problems at all. Obviously you will have to change the "key" on all wireless devices connected. :smashin:

HTH

This happened to me ages ago but all I did was hard-reset my router and re-entered all the details in again (with a new passphrase for the key). Since then I've had no problems at all. Obviously you will have to change the "key" on all wireless devices connected. :smashin:

HTH

Tried that a few times mate with many different passkeys but still won't work.

I've heard this before after people have upgraded the router firmware. However if you haven't made any changes to the router then it's very strange.

I'm using a Netgear Router with WPA PSK security with my PC/PS3/X360 and have never had any problems. WEP is pretty poor, if you do get it fixed, try to run WPA instead.

Well this has got me completely stumped as it's a problem I've never come across. The only other thing I can suggest is trying another router and see if that sorts it, otherwise you may have to go wired. Is there a firmware update available for your particular model, if so it may be worth a shot.

Well this has got me completely stumped as it's a problem I've never come across. The only other thing I can suggest is trying another router and see if that sorts it, otherwise you may have to go wired. Is there a firmware update available for your particular model, if so it may be worth a shot.

Was thinking about a firmware update for my router but the PS3 did connect to it for the first few months and then stopped all of a sudden. It still works fine with my Mac and I've just connected an Archos to the net via the router with WPA security on.

Might try a new router just to see if it is the router or the PS3.

Cheers for the input.

Steve.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom