1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to buy Hitachi CP-X430 ???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pahos, Feb 26, 2003.

1. pahos

pahos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im thinking to buy Hitachi CP-X430, I havent seen much on any Forums and cannot decide between the well talked about
    Sony HS10 or the Hitachi CP-X430. The specs look preety great for the Hitachi with a wopping 2,500 ANSI Lumens but I havent personaly seen one. I have seen the Sony and its preety sharp.
    Here in Australia the prices are around:
    Sony $5000 and the Hitachi $7500.
    Can anyone share some light. any info would be great, thanks...

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Pahos,

I haven't seen the Hitachi, but guess its a business projector, 4:3 format, XGA ?

The fact that it outputs 2500 lumens doesn't automatically make it good for home cinema application - could be the opposite. Unless brightness is essential to you for watching in ambient daylight, one of the results of the PJ being so bright is that it will struggle to produce dark scenes, simply because the PJ is putting out too much light. Business pjs are designed for use in conference rooms/similar, with ambient light to project bright colourful Powerpoint type presentations - not movies, generally. Business PJs are also usually not as quiet as PJs aimed at the home ciinema market - the noise from a projector used in a meeting environment, large room, people talking, air-con etc, usually is not noticeable, but in your living room/whatever could sound like a 747. Current Home Cinema PJs also are native 16:9 (the LCD panels are widescreen shaped) - when viewing WS movies on a regular SVGA or XGA projector you get fairly large grey bars above and below the image.

Bottom line here is - don't go on the specs of any projector. Make sure you see as many diferent types as you can before choosing. Its the only way you can judge whats suitable for you.

All the best,

Sean G.

3. pahos

pahos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for your thoughts, going by what im reading you may be right, i will continue my investigation before taking the dive, sites like http://www.gotocol.com/hitachix430w.html dont tell much wether its home or business. Thanks again well said...

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi again pahos,

No prob.... just want to stress that you should see the projectors in action before committing yourself; reading specs and surfing here and elsewhere will give you some idea of what's available, but there's no substitute for seeing them with your own eyes, as opposed to relying on the opinions of others.

Good luck,

Sean G.

5. pahos

pahos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again, just got back with an update, 2 different salesman trying to sell 2 diff products.
    1. Sanyo PLV-Z1
    2. Hitachi CP-S225 and CP-X275

Had a look at the Sony HS10 and it was preety good. Im just waiting for the salesman to set up the Sanyo and tommorow we have a look at the Hitachi CP-S225 .

What are your thoughts and comments pls...