Wanting the oled b7

andyleeds20

Standard Member
Reaction score
Morning guys

For the last 2 months I have been watching the price for the b7 basicly stay at 1499 the amount of times I've nearly hit the order button is unbelivable

The problem is I have the lg 2016 model 55uh661v which looks great on Netflix and my Xbox x looks ok ..... the question is with the quality of picture be a huge leap ? I use the iptv smart app through the t.v. it' self and the picture is not too bad

I looked at the b7 in Currys and it looked pretty dark the Sony next to it for the same price looked miles ahead of the b7 .....

Im undecided to jump into oled I love bright vibrant coulers

Help !!

Don’t make a decision on a tv as to how they look in Currys!

The B7 is an awesome TV, I have it and am very pleased with it. I can’t tell you how it compares to the previous years as it’s my first OLED TV.

Morning guys

For the last 2 months I have been watching the price for the b7 basicly stay at 1499 the amount of times I've nearly hit the order button is unbelivable

The problem is I have the lg 2016 model 55uh661v which looks great on Netflix and my Xbox x looks ok ..... the question is with the quality of picture be a huge leap ? I use the iptv smart app through the t.v. it' self and the picture is not too bad

I looked at the b7 in Currys and it looked pretty dark the Sony next to it for the same price looked miles ahead of the b7 .....

Im undecided to jump into oled I love bright vibrant coulers

Help !!
Depends on what Sony it was.

If it was oled then the b7 is brighter. If it was led Sony then Sony is brighter.

Doesn't matter though as 800 nits hurts your eyes when watching in a dark room. Blacks are more important than peak brightness usually.

Oled produces a stunning image.

Don’t make a decision on a tv as to how they look in Currys!

The B7 is an awesome TV, I have it and am very pleased with it. I can’t tell you how it compares to the previous years as it’s my first OLED TV.

His (or her) 2016 TV isn’t an OLED I don’t believe.

Thanks for the quick reply my mrs says there is nothing wrong with the tv we have!! (What does she know right) ..... the Sony wernt a oled it was just a LCD panel ..... my current tv has mixed reviews.... cost me 700 plus just 18 months ago ..... but it's just bugging me I plan to move current panel upstairs and sell my 42 inch lg panel in my bedroom

Thanks for the quick reply my mrs says there is nothing wrong with the tv we have!! (What does she know right) ..... the Sony wernt a oled it was just a LCD panel ..... my current tv has mixed reviews.... cost me 700 plus just 18 months ago ..... but it's just bugging me I plan to move current panel upstairs and sell my 42 inch lg panel in my bedroom
Tell her there is nothing wrong with her shoes or handbags either then.

Loooong time lurker on this forum but just got a 55B7 after they announced the B8 was going to be a poor mans B7 at CES this year. Pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago and it is amazing. It's replaced my 10 yr old Samsung 40" (in my lounge) and, whilst that is still a great picture, the LG OLED is in another league altogether. Do it - you will not regret it when you stick on Pacific Rim or Blue Planet 2 in Blu-Ray format or higher.

Last edited:
One of my Rotary friends always said he wouldn't change his TV until it "died", then he was in my house one evening when I had my 55" E6V on. He asked me a few things about it, I demonstrated different aspects of the set and next thing he had bought a 55" B7V and now raves about it.

Enough said?

Martin.

p.s. Further to YorkieK's post above, Blue Planet II on 4K Bluray is gobsmackingly good on my OLED.

One other thing I might mention regarding the OP's question about brightness and vibrant colours, the OLED's reign supreme when viewing in a dark room. It's not about the vibrant colours that an LED screen can produce in a shop, it's about the contrast range and nothing can touch the OLED's IMHO. I setup mine with a couple of tweaks to better my eyes using Steve's excellent settings found here: LG OLED55B7V Best TV Picture Settings The settings are good out of the box but the bright and dark room settings Steve suggested are excellent as is the Cinema. It takes a while to adjust your train of thought coming from an LED to an OLED (I thought it looked dull at first), but you will understand after watching a 2 hour movie in 4K UHD HDR - your eyes just don't get tired and you will be reaching for the next movie to test your OLED :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom