Wanting new speaker system

BOUMSONG

4 years ago I paid £160 for Creative Labs Inspire TD7700 7.1 Speaker System with Decoder. Now the speakers are probably relatively cheap ones since the decoder probably took up quite a bit of the price. I'm not audio expert though and I'd appreciate some help in determining how good the system I currently have is (probably not very?) and how much I could improve it. I listen to music for hours a day and also watch a lot of films in dolby digital. So I'#d like it to be as good as possible. I also have an audigy 2 zs to connect to the pc.

I'm starting to experience some problems. Most notably, the remote control for the speaker system (it's a wired remote going into the back of the sub woofer), has become frayed over time. Parts of the connections have broken and the remote has to be left in a certain position so that the sound doesn't go.

Another problem, which I'm pretty sure I've had ever since I got a vista PC, is that for some reason sound will just completely stop (even if the remote is not moved). Music players won't play sound and when I play a youtube video it will play video for 2 seconds then freeze. In order to get sound to work again usually going into sound configuration and doing the audio test brings it back again.

Basically, I think now is about the right time to change. I don't have endless amounts of money (who does right) but I want something quite good. My current sound system has never really made me go 'wow'. I'd like to watch a DVD and think it sounds really good.

So I'll connect my speakers to the pc, will my audigy 2 zs still do the job or should I upgrade? And I'll also need to system connected to my xbox (my decoder should still manage).

Here's a link for the specs of what I have Creative Labs Inspire TD7700 7.1 Channel Speakers and: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom