Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

wanting DVD/VCR with RGB in

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andrewq, Jan 22, 2005.

1. andrewq

andrewq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm wanting a DVD/VCR combi with RGB on the input scart. the only one i've found so far is the panny dmr e75, but i'm not keen on DVD ram + panny dvd's can't be easily made multi region(or can they?).
    i know the Philips is RGB on all scarts but i don't think their formats will last. what about the pioneer rt400 or toshiba sd-34vb ?
    the reason i want a RGB input scart is that eventually i will get a PVR and i want to be able to archive anything of interest i record on this to DVD-R.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    If you wait a few more months (April) Panasonic will be releasing the DMR-ES30V (the E75 replacement). In addition to DVD-RAM this will support DVD-RW, DVD-R and DVD+R recording.

I haven't had a hands on with the Toshiba yet so can't recommend it one way or the other. And you definetly wise to avoid Philips. JVC make an excellent DVDR/VHS recorder (and a HDD/VHS/DVDR one!) but it has no RGB input.

3. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Could someone explain to me the point of a DVD/VCR combi.. I spose if your old VCR has died and you want to transfer some tapes.. but even then.... :rolleyes:

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    As always there are pros and cons. The advantages are it allows easy, stabilised VHS dubs to DVDR and is a 'one box' solution. Depending on the machine it also allows VHS to be watched via component (and even progressive scan!).

However seperates are always the preferred option - that way you can get the BEST DVD recorder and the BEST VCR (if such a thing exists these days!).

5. andrewq

andrewq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the point is both my VCR's are dying and i have loads of tapes. the combi allows me to continue watching them while gradually transfering them to DVD.
    talking of `what's the point', what's the point of a DVD recorder with an analogue tuner and no RGB input. how do you get a quality input to record? due to my location the analogue signal is poor and i get ghosting and vertical lines, but freeview is faultless.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    perhaps a new VCR look at JVC S-VHS decks... and the Sony DVDR with FV tuner would be better for you.........