Wanting a New Camcorder - HD Prefered

ramsy66

Standard Member
I currently have the Sony DCR-HC27, it uses mini-dv tapes.

It's been a good camcorder, it takes relatively good video, and I've had no problems with it, however I'm looking to move onto something a bit better.

One of the issues is my PC recently went kaput, so I'm using my laptop which has no firewire slot so getting video off the tapes is now impossible.

I'm looking to spend around £400, preferably high definition, but that's not essential, and it can't be mini-dv as there's no way for me to get the video onto my PC with that.

Any advice is appreciated.

chrishull3

I currently have the Sony DCR-HC27, it uses mini-dv tapes.

It's been a good camcorder, it takes relatively good video, and I've had no problems with it, however I'm looking to move onto something a bit better.

One of the issues is my PC recently went kaput, so I'm using my laptop which has no firewire slot so getting video off the tapes is now impossible.

I'm looking to spend around £400, preferably high definition, but that's not essential, and it can't be mini-dv as there's no way for me to get the video onto my PC with that.

Any advice is appreciated.

If you plan to keep your laptop for video use i think your only option may have to be standard def drive or card cams this is a shame in the ever increasing world of hd.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom