1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted !.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by number 8, Apr 2, 2005.

1. number 8

number 8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am looking to buy one turntable for playing vinyl. I'm looking for a direct drive unit without automation and preferably in the cheeper range of products something like a Technics 1210 copy would be good, but I don't nescacerily need a pitch control. I hope I'm in the right forum for wants, if not could someone tell me where I might find what I'm looking for.
    Cheese,
    n-8

2. Mandel

Mandel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    May I ask why you want a direct-drive? Direct-drives probably arent the most cost effective solution for normal listening, high end audiophile turntables are belt-drive. That said, I have a cheapish Prosound Direct Drive turntable with an upgraded cartridge and get quite good results.

3. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just go for an entry level project or Rega,they'll get the best from your vinyl for small money.

4. number 8

number 8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ....at some point I want to try to cobble together some of my own music. I thought it best to have a direct drive turntable in case I ever wanted to sample some scratching. Thanks for the suggestions 1
    Number8