1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: substitute with pre-outs for Yamaha RX-V530

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cribeiro, Nov 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Hi!
    Upgraditis is itching again...
    I recently bought a couple of Castle Richmond 3i speakers and the Azur 640 cd player and amp, to get the best in stereo that my money could buy...
    This made my home cinema so poor in comparison, that I do not use it at all! Well, except when I want "fireworks" in a sci-fi movie or something like that :)
    So, I decided that the way to go is selling all my home cinema stuff (Yamaha RX-V530 and magnat speakers, not little cubes but floorstanding speakers!), and get a receiver with pre-outs, in order to use my stereo to run always the main speakers, and the receiver for the rest. It is far from ideal, but at least I will keep stereo as it is (cd player directly to the stereo amp), and I am sure I will gain a lot for the home cinema.
    I do not want to spend more than 400 euro in the new receiver, actually and obviously, as little money as possible :) I want something at least as good as my yammy, but with pre-outs.
    My trusted dealer has a little shop, focused on stereo, and for home cinema he has only pioneer. He suggested the smallest one of the line with preouts,
    I think it is the VSX-D814, but I am not sure. His price is 400 euro.
    The question is, do you think I can find something better for the price, or even less? From what I have seen right now in internet, it doesn't look like a good deal.
    What would you suggest? It would also be nice to get something in a similar style as the Azur line, with blue leds and so on, but that is not so important.
    Thank you!

2. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    Hi poor guy!
    This cribeiro is terrible, isn't he? Instead of doing a little research, he goes the easy way, and posts something here...
    Ok, I know... I should have done my homework first... Now, from what I have learnt in the last hour or so, my options narrow to 2, if I care about looks. If not, I think I'd go for the yamaha 750... By looks, I mean buttons and display in blue, in the style of my Azur stereo equipment...
    Looks matter! If so, then I'd consider either the Marantz 5400, or the Pioneer vsx-814. The latter is 100 euro cheaper in ebay (I talk about new items from a shop...). If I guess I can get up to 300 euro for my "old" stuff, that means I could have the Pioneer for that money, or add 100 euro and get the marantz. Is it worth?
    Should I give up the looks, and go for the Yamaha, which costs the same as the Marantz? I am quite happy with the yam 530, it is only that it doesn't have pre-outs....
    Any hint? Last time I was looking for a receiver, the offer was wide. Now it is immensurable!

3. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Marantz SR4500 or SR5500...

4. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    :thumbsup: Could you elaborate on that? I mean, give me arguments in favor of that, please. From reviews, the Yam 750 is preferred...
    Does it match sonically the Azur?
    It is important, since I could save 100 euro and go for the pioneer...

5. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The Marantz has greaater power on it's amps, and better sound quality in both music and movies...

You can get the SR4500 a lot cheaper on www.redcoon.com
    2nd option would be a Denon 1905...

6. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Yammy RXV650 & i will vote for the 750 specially that in the reviews here they said it's better in stereo than the Marantz,also i read from many people that yamaha's is the best in movies & that's what u need coz i already have a Stereo amp.

7. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Take both and drive 5 or more speakers at the same time and compare how each one fill the room and take control of the speakers... ;)

8. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    After more research, I have realized that the Denon 1905 has adjustable crossover, while the other don't. That is really nice, since I know my speakers go down to 60 Hz, I can set the crossover at that level. From what I have read, no other (Pioneer, Marantz or Yamaha) has that. In addition, Yamaha has an orange display that does not match the rest of my gear... Yes, guys, looks matter... And I am sure I can get both looks and quality.
    I compromise the sound quality a bit, but I get the specs I need. Funnily enough, if I bought it yesterday, I could have it for 305 euro+ sending costs... Today is 330+sending... Maybe I will wait another week...

In terms of matching the quality of my stereo (CA Azur 640 cdp and amp+ Castle Richmond 3i)... Do you think all of them are far, or is there any that could be close?