1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: RU950 Programmer for hire...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by rscott4563, Dec 5, 2004.

1. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,

Basically I'm looking for someone to step in and help me out, I've got a Philips Pronto RU950 and I need it programming. Due to a lack of time I've not been able to get round to doing it myself so I've decided to see if I can find someone who would take some cold hard cash in exchange for a customised ccf for my system...

If theres anyone out there who fits the bill could you let me know what sort of price and time scale and hopefully we can go from there. My equipment list is as listed in my signature..

Cheers

Ryan :thumbsup:

2. Marlin

Marlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, I have a Neo Pronto 930 which I beleive uses the same .ncf files.

I have taught myself how to configure my 930 successfully, and will happilly try to help you with your set-up. Do you have a copy of NeoEdit which should have shipped with your 950? You will need this to get the .ncf files on and off your Pronto.

Jeremy

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    The Neo uses a different software editor (neoedit vs prontoedit) and different file types (ncf vs pcf).

4. Marlin

Marlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's right: the old Prontos use .pcf files; the newer Neo Prontos use .ncf files, the latter being edited by the NeoEdit (and NeoHacker) utilities. Jeremy

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    OK, but the RU950 does not use Neoedit or .ncf files. It it uses ProntoeditNG and .pcf files IIRC. The old Prontos used .ccf files.

The Neo Prontos are neither old nor new compared to ones like the 950, 970 etc. They are the lower cost range with fewer functions.

6. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah as far as I was aware the Neo remotes were quite different from the standard RU range, both in terms of their functionality and power, as well as how they are programmed.

I'm not looking for anything amazing in terms of custom background graphics and channel logos or anything like that (well not at first anyway ;) ) just standard buttons and layout.

I'd like a on screen replacement for my Tivo remote, Denon 3803 remote, Panasonic RP82, and finally my LumagenPro HDP remote. All just with the most usefull commonly used functions on screen, and then with absolutely all of the other functions listed just as very simple little buttons on hidden pages that could be used to link to in future if I decided I wanted that particular function. I'd also like a start page with simple options such as "Watch DVD" or "Play Xbox" which would run a macro of the basic functions needed, like turning display, source and amp on and then setting to correct setting on the Lumagen and setting an acceptable volume level. This would be very important for others to be able to comfortably use my system.

This would be first stage, then possibly I'd want to expand this by getting custom buttons, backgrounds, themes etc... But the first stage would be fine... :cool:

So with these extra details if anyone wants to post here or email me with their details and a price for the first stage then please do, it would be great to get this sorted for Xmas.

Cheers

Ryan :smashin:

7. PMM

PMM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use the marantz 3200 software. And the read the codes with neohacker and enter these codes for the neo using neohacker again. That is how I programmed my neo. Good luck.