Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Folkestone
Hi. I'm after an IPhone 5s either 32gb or 64gb in very good condition.
32GB needs to be either unlocked or O2
64gb needs to be O2, Vodaphone or unlocked.
thanks andy

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
I will be listing my insurance replacement space grey 64gb sim free 5s in the next few days, once I've received the htc m10.

The 5s was received only a week ago and looked new with no scratches marks etc, looked new to me. No box or accessories just the phone. Phone has a glass screen protector fitted.

I don't think theres any warranty on the phone (just the 1 year from the insurance company).
Would want £200 plus delivery which I think is fair for a new phone.

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
Sounds fair and perfect. I'll take it please

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
That's great, however I can only send once I've received my new phone.
payment once i'm ready to send is fine.
I'll put some photos up shortly

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
Excellent thanks that's fine. What's the score re warranty ? Once you sold it the warranty from insurance company is void ?? Thanks

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
Excellent thanks that's fine. What's the score re warranty ? Once you sold it the warranty from insurance company is void ?? Thanks
yes, more than likely and will sell it as that. As said it looks new and battery life seems really good especially for a 5s

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
Thanks for the pics. Yeah all looks good let me know your details when ready via pm thanks

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Moving to disputes temporarily

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
@mjjiva

Hi,

The buyer @Lewiee appears to be experiencing major battery life issues, from full to a red bar in less than 3 hours with no background apps or processes running.

I see that the phone has been owned by the buyer for around 3 weeks now, can you expand on your comment regarding the comment '......and battery life seems really good especially for a 5s' in post #6?

Whilst I appreciate that he hasn't notified you immediately I still think that 2-3 weeks is a reasonable time to highlight a performance issue especially as it was used by his wife, not him specifically.

Thoughts?

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
He received the phone on 21/04/16 so 16 days ago, for clarity.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
Yes buyer pm'd me this morning . I had the phone for over a week and had no issues as mentioned , yes when it was first updated to icloud it did drain and that is normal. I did say for an iphone 5s the battery life was good. the battery life as everyone knows is not brilliant with the 5s and that is well documented everywhere. Sorry but not happy with taking the phone back after almost 3 weeks the buyer should have tested the phone in the first few days. buyer also mentioned his wife just started to use the phone since yesterday, sorry but I find that hard to believe!
would like to see some screenshots of battery usage

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
'The buyer @Lewiee appears to be experiencing major battery life issues, from full to a red bar in less than 3 hours with no background apps or processes running.'
As mentioned in my previous post i'd like a screenshot of that , should be quite easy. If that is the issue then restore it. If still the same issue then fine I will take it back. Lewiee will have to back up that statement though of going from full to red in 2hours with a screenshot and posting it here.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
@Lewiee

Points taken, and I think it is a good idea for the buyer to do so by a screenshot or otherwise.

I personally wasn't aware of the battery life of the iPhone 5s, and I'm unlikely to be unique and as stated it's just over 2 weeks, 16 days specifically.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
yes rousetafarian, battery life on 5s when on standby is very good but on use it does drain fast.This is what they have fixed in the new iphone se. I know this as ive had a good few iphone 5s and 5 .
Should be easy to take screen shot one at full battery life (should be able to see the time too on top) once when it's almost empty and finally another at this point with the serial number and imei number so it matches what I had sent just in case you've accidentally had it mixed up with the one you bought a couple of months prior to mine.
I do advise you to retore the phone again though.
As i said if this is happening on standby then by all means I will take it back

Last edited:

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
Thanks for the comments. Perhaps I need to clarify. Wife started using the phone a week ago. I've got a5s myself and don't find battery life an issue, well no more than any other phone I've had.

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
I will sort the pictures out later if that's ok. Sorry out for the day.

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
Can I just confirm a couple of things please. Firstly I fully understand perhaps i should have used it straight away to check it out. Unfortunately this was for the wife and we didn't get round to swapping her phone over till around a week ago. ( not your fault I agree). The wife has said that over this last week on around 3 to 4 occasions she believed the battery was charged overnight , however just a few hours later , WITH VERY LITTLE USE, it was right down to below 20 % left. She questioned herself wether she had forgot to charge it so made sure Friday night it was plugged in. We got up around 5:15 this morning , and the battery was fully charged. She used the phone for a bit on Instagram, nothing major, and was red by around 8. Am. This loss of battery appears to be sporadic. I apologise if I hadn't worded it right. I intend to swap over and use the phone to fully understand if it's an issue and take it to the Apple Store beginning of next week to get them to check it over. I am sure this is the phone you sent me however if you want to PM me the imei number I'll confirm it.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
Until now and as rousterfarian quoted in his text from 'full to a red bar in less than 3 hours with no background apps or processes running', that anyone would assume would be standby drain.
Now you're saying its draining in use?. I'm sorry but i'm a bit lost.
As said, in my ownership i've never had this issue and the place to look will be in battery usage to see whats draining if it is the app. Also worth restoring as new iPhone.
Don't know why you're asking me for the imei number. All iPhones have it printed on the back of their phones and it should match the label on the back of the box that the phone came in. Have a look to see that the box matches the imei number on the back of the phone.

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
Firstly can I please say I'm an honest guy who has paid a good price for a phone. This phone was sold as a one week old insurance replacement. At no point have I accused anyone of misrepresenting selling anything, yet I feel as though I'm being thought of as trying to "pull a fast one". Please remember I'm the inconvenienced here, not you. At no point have I ever said the phone discharged through no use . I don't understand why the mod has said that.i can only assume he made a mistake. As we do, we are all only human.
The phone is the right one. I wrongly assumed as it was a insurance replacement it wouldn't have it on the box.
I will fully update with pictures later the state of the phone. However this was what was noted. 6:38 phone turned on-100%
Facebook and Instagram use 20 minutes. Sent 4 texts . Received 3 texts. Took 4 screenshots -
8:28 - battery 57%
8:35- battery 53% no use
8:50-battery 45% no use
8:56-battery 42% no use
9:12-battery 36% no use
9:24-battery 32% no use
9:33 -battery 28% 2 texts sent /received .
No apps were running between 8:35 and 9:33 . I'm not sure what was on before then.
Now I'm not getting in an argument over what was said before .
My wife will go back to her HTC and I will restore the phone and try it with my SIM card. I will also go to the Apple Store hopefully Monday. I an away all week on plastering course so my access is limited.
This will be my last deal here on the forums after this and a ps4 deal that went belly up. I was attracted to these forums by the honesty and goodwill I thought it had.[emoji52]

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
I am now off to the beach so won't be online probably .

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Firstly can I please say I'm an honest guy who has paid a good price for a phone. This phone was sold as a one week old insurance replacement. At no point have I accused anyone of misrepresenting selling anything, yet I feel as though I'm being thought of as trying to "pull a fast one". Please remember I'm the inconvenienced here, not you. At no point have I ever said the phone discharged through no use . I don't understand why the mod has said that.i can only assume he made a mistake. As we do, we are all only human.
The phone is the right one. I wrongly assumed as it was a insurance replacement it wouldn't have it on the box.
I will fully update with pictures later the state of the phone. However this was what was noted. 6:38 phone turned on-100%
Facebook and Instagram use 20 minutes. Sent 4 texts . Received 3 texts. Took 4 screenshots -
8:28 - battery 57%
8:35- battery 53% no use
8:50-battery 45% no use
8:56-battery 42% no use
9:12-battery 36% no use
9:24-battery 32% no use
9:33 -battery 28% 2 texts sent /received .
No apps were running between 8:35 and 9:33 . I'm not sure what was on before then.
Now I'm not getting in an argument over what was said before .
My wife will go back to her HTC and I will restore the phone and try it with my SIM card. I will also go to the Apple Store hopefully Monday. I an away all week on plastering course so my access is limited.
This will be my last deal here on the forums after this and a ps4 deal that went belly up. I was attracted to these forums by the honesty and goodwill I thought it had.[emoji52]

This is pretty clear evidence that the battery is indeed faulty, but I'll await the forthcoming photos before I make a final ruling one way or another. In 65 minutes it dropped 29% by my calculations.

I am leaning towards a full refund currently just as a heads up, with the information I have available.

Lewiee

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Reaction score
Folkestone
I apologise if it comes across slagging the forums or the mods off. That is not the case.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Accepted, thanks

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
Sorry but pictures don't indicate what has been used , please post relevant picture which has battery usage . I can do the same as above with my wife's iPhone 6s ,

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Sorry but pictures don't indicate what has been used , please post relevant picture which has battery usage . I can do the same as above with my wife's iPhone 6s ,
Pictures 1&2 are duplicates but the difference in time between them and the 3rd is only short yet look at the battery indicator levels

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Roughly 2 hours and a drop in battery of 47%? Doesn't seem normal to me

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Reaction score
lancashire
Ok have a look at picture number 3 he has had location sensor on so has used an app that has drained battery . As said I can do the same with my wife's iphone 6s. Battery has drained because the phone has been used heavily. Let me see the battery usage as this has been avoided thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.