**WANTED** FREEVIEW PLAY RECORDER RECOMMENDATION (HDMI AUDIO OUT)

v17kas

Standard Member
Hi,

I am looking for a Freeview Play Recorder which has an HDMI Audio Out socket which I cannot find anywhere - recommendations welcome please?

Basically, I have an AV Reciever (Yamaha RX-V683) and Projector (BenQ W2700) and would like to use the surround sound setup from the AV Reciever with video from my projector using the Freeview Play Recorder as the source.

Thanks in advance,

Vik

Pulse1

Yes i believe you are correct that there are no Freeview Play Recorders with 2 HDMI outputs. I wish they existed also as i would want to do the same as you and seperate the video and audio. The only other option would be getting a Freeview Play Recorder that has a seperate Optical output and one that has is the Manhattan T3-R. I have the T3-R and i use the HDMI output to my UST Projector and a seperate Optical cable to my Denon AV Reciever. The only difference between the HDMI and Optical outputs on the T3-R is that you get DD+ 5.1 from content that's got 5.1 via HDMI and DD 5.1 via Optical from content that's got 5.1. So not a great deal in sound difference between DD+ and DD really. But that would be your best bet unless you can indeed find a Freeview Play Recorder box that has twin HDMI Outputs?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom