1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted - DVD drive for an XBox...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Family Guy, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems as though the DVD drive in my XBox is on the way out...getting sound dropouts and it refuses to recognise PES4...

Microsoft charge a standard £65 to fix these things (or they'll swap it for a new one...)...but cash is tight.

Anyone got an old XBox lieing around that has something else wrong with it...? Gotta be cheaper than £65 though...;)

I have read and agreed to abide by the AV Forums trading rules : Confirmed.

2. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +386
    Er, why dont you just let Microsoft swap it?

Or do they charge for that too?

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Have you looked on ebay ? Also I believe you can actually buy new DVD drives from computer fairs for Xboxs for around £20 - £30 (I am sure they were available at my local one Bowlers in Manchester last time I was there)

If you cant get the bare drive on its own via these avenues (I am pretty sure you will be able to) or want a really good deal wait until after Christmas and pick up a second hand xbox on ebay.

They are going for around £90 new now. Loads of people have been buying them for their kids as PS2 are out of stock. But they will have PS2 stock in new year and little jonny will still want his rubbish PS2 so I reckon there will be hundreds for sale for £40 - £50 on ebay. Positive in fact.

You can then strip you old one, sell the pad, case harddrive and etc from the broken one, will easily cover the cost of you new (Hardly used) xbox, probably a crystal at that :laugh:

Bit of hastle but if you are short of cash a good option :thumbsup:

PS love the Avatar.....

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys, please excuse my ignorance...I don't seem to be getting any e mail notifications for any posts here... :confused:
    I sorted the problem now...turned out to be a dodgy disc(s)...thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.