Wanted : A Phone!

foregone

As per title!

Losing the will to live with this.....spent two years using a Samsung Jet and though the touchscreen was a bit hit/miss it was a decent phone. Thinking the grass is greener, the past two months have brought:

Nexus S - contract upgrade, too big
SE W995 - got sick of the slider
Motorola Defy - too big again
SE X10 Mini Pro - arrived today, sold already!

Any suggestions as to the next step? Would like Wi-Fi, decent camera. No real point in Android/Apple/Windows as I think they're all lost on me. Am currently rocking the mighty SE W890i and to be honest I think I prefer a physical keypad, but be open to touchscreen as long as it's better than the Jet! Let me know if you have something I might be interested in.

Rant over, off for a lie down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geeders

Any interest in a N97 mini?

theninjagecko

Nokia X3-02 isn't a bad phone. it has a resistive touch screen and a VERY good keyboard and construction. Slim and excellent battery life.

If you just want a phone with occasionally having to look something up on the web then its perfect. The music player is ncie on it and the sound via the onboard speaker is good quality and VERY good via earphones.

Let me know if you are interested I will make a thread for you.

foregone

Nokia X3-02 isn't a bad phone. it has a resistive touch screen and a VERY good keyboard and construction. Slim and excellent battery life.

If you just want a phone with occasionally having to look something up on the web then its perfect. The music player is ncie on it and the sound via the onboard speaker is good quality and VERY good via earphones.

Let me know if you are interested I will make a thread for you.

Just had a little read up and looks like the camera is only fixed focus, no good I'm afraid.

Have shortlisted the Samsung Wave, and SE Elm so far.

nirave

What about a Nokia N8? Great Camera, decent OS, Great Battery Life.

HDMI, 12MP Camera, Wi-Fi, BT, GPS, Symbian OS, AMOLED Screen

judd5000

Wouldn't recommend N8 (especially if you're on Orange, their HD Voice Codec messed up mine...the recieving caller couldn't hear anything on 3 handsets...this and many crashes led to a bit of a nasty confrontation with Carphone Warehouse in getting my contract cancelled (28 days return of faulty goods under sales of goods act...should remember this if you ever buy in store and get into a pickle...Orange were actually the people who told me that it was the case, but you have to go do the talking). Also had the Elm, wouldn't recommend...has all the bells and whistles on paper, but ends up being a bit to simplistic in interface to deploy them, and the rear metal case is made out of pewter or something very very soft. Had an X3-02 which was pretty terrible, the touch screen is rubbish, so hard to press unlike htc resistive ones. Had a blackberry 9780 (bold) and 9800 (torch), they were a both ok, but the bold had earpiece problems on a couple of handsets and it is very business like, unless you want a full qwerty it is too expensive. The bb torch was nice enough but had stuck pixels, crashed a bit and the slider went all wobbly after about a week (I am very very careful with phones, bit OCD really). Erm, what else...Have a galaxy S at the moment, it's a wonderful phone but seems a bit big for your taste. Had a HTC mozart which is AMAZING and I'm trying to get another, but you need to get the Mugen Power 1800mAh battery to ensure it doesn't run out of battery every 5 mins. I had a desire for a bit and that was great, but you just feel you are left behind. I haven't owned a wave, but know the bada OS is very limiting, and if you don't want android etc... this will just frustrate you. Don't get any Nokia touch screens, and Sony Ericsson none Android phones (or anything less than the newest few android ones), Unfortunately Samsung hasn't released a really nice feature phone in a while, but the Monte is very simple and cheep with a lot of bells including a capacitive touch screen, low spec though. I have a Nokia C5 at the moment, if you want a normal phone which does everything smart it is immense, very fast HSDPA download, no WIFI though, smallish screen. But for getting the job done it's excellent and it's GPS/Nokia Maps is great. (I'd sell you that for £85 delivered, it's a week old, with case and screen protector...main reason would be car insurance and MOT/broken steering rack cost me £800). But again, a low spec camera by todays standard. Mozart I mentioned before has 8megapixel camera with Xenon flash, very nice. Tired fingers, but if you think of anything, run it by me, I've become a bit of a joke at work for changing my phone so often I've probably owned or intensely studied anything you can think of lol. Cheers

Steven

Senior Moderator
Moved from classified as this thread is clearly not about buying or selling

foregone

Moved from classified as this thread is clearly not about buying or selling

Well there's offers of 4 phones for sale, so it clearly IS about buying and selling, though I appreciate your (incorrect) opinion :smashin:

Look forward to this being edited.......

Steven

Senior Moderator
This has developed as a "what phone should I buy" question thread rather than stating specifics as one normally would when buying and selling. Thus it is more suited to the discussion section. Feel free to create a new classified thread when you have a firmer idea. Thanks

And just to clarify I merely removed the trading guidelines and your location as automatically installed by the classified template. The rest of the text is unaltered

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom