1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: 70's US Classics

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Baby Dave, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Baby Dave

Baby Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, so feel free to correct any error.

I'm looking to build up a library of "Funky Old" 70's DVDs, for example Foxy Brown, Shaft, Coffy.

I was wondering if any one could point me in the right direction for a good retailer. I have a multi region player so it does not have to be a UK release.

Cheers,

2. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Moving to DVDTalk. There's a list of recommended DVD retailers there, also. :)

Sigismund

3. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    from dvdfile.com

One of Hollywood's most celebrated actors, MGM will honor Sidney Poitier with his own box set, The Sidney Poitier Collection. This five-disc set includes the previously-released Lilies of the Field and In the Heat of the Night special editions, plus three other classics making their DVD debuts: They Call Me Mr. Tibbs, The Organization and For Love of Ivy. The first two are in non-anamorphic widescreen, the latter anamorphic; each includes a trailer and will list for $14.95 each. The box set will run $62.95.

More Soul Cinema classics also due on January 20th include Blacula, Scream Blacula Scream, Hammer and The Monkey Hustle. The Blacula flicks get anamorphic widescreen transfers while the other two are full screen-only, and all are in mono and include no extras. Retail is $14.95 a pop.

MGM will also release The Best of Soul Cinema DVD Collection, featuring none of the above but Foxy Brown, Coffy, Cooley High, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka and Hell Up in Harlem. Also included in this set of previously-released discs is a bonus CD sampler of song highlights from the five films. Retail is $62.95.