1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want Xbox live in my living room!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by SNICK, Sep 11, 2004.

1. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Apologise if this is a dumb ass question - but I need some help

Now that i've got a good selection of Xbox live games and broadband - i want to be part of XB live. However I want to play in my lounge - separate from my pc(which is upstairs)

Question - do i need to get another ASDL modem to enable this - (originally thought I could use my tiscali one connected up to the pc - but it only has USB out)

appreciate your thoughts

2. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    A good option would be a Wireless router with USB input for you BB connection. Dont know of any that offer this off hand but sure there is one available. Hopefully someone will come along and make a suggestion.

Then wireless ethernet bridge for the xbox. Two problems. Firstly it will cost a few quid to get it up and running £100 - £150 for decent kit I would say.

Secondly getting a wireless ethernet bridge to work with an xbox is not straight forward unless you have a basic understanding of networking. People will say it is but I can tell from expereience this is not the case.

The cheaper option would be to run a 10/100 network cable from the ethernet port on your PC down to your xbox. Again this will require some basic knowledge of networking and in particular windows ICS (Internet connection sharing)

Good luck.