Want Virgin TV in another room!?

172mike

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We currently have V+ box in our lounge and now that our extension is finished at the back of our house would like to have cable out there too. I have spoken to Virgin and for another box it will be 75 installation and another 9 pounds a month. They will also need to run cable to the back of the house. I'm not particularly fussed about watching different channels at once, is it not possible to just run a link from our existing box out the back, Virgin said no!?! Also, is it possible to have a wireless link or am I dreaming here? A frien of mine has SKY in another room at his house and has what he calls a mouse that is just an infa red link to his main box.

What are my options? Lastly, if it is needed then I want to run in the cable to the back room before I finish decorating (I don't want Virgin to come along and run it over my new skirting boards!!!). What cable should I put in??

Many thanks for your help!!!!

If you are not worried about watching different channels then just use a video sender

Hi,

Thanks. What is that and will I be able to change channels in both rooms??

Cheers!!!

We have the V+ box, I think there is only one type?? Will I be able to get another remote for it?/

This sounds like a plan to me!!!

Thanks!!!

PS: Is there one that you could recommend - how does signal/picture quality fare between them all??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys ,

Same issue for me . I have a vigin media (ntl area ) digital cable box and may pgrade to V+ . Can anyone recomend a device which will allow me to operate the remote control funtions in another room . If i could be advised for both set ups that would be helpful as I am not sure whether to upgrade or not

Thanks
Brian

Hi Guys ,

Same issue for me . I have a vigin media (ntl area ) digital cable box and may pgrade to V+ . Can anyone recomend a device which will allow me to operate the remote control funtions in another room . If i could be advised for both set ups that would be helpful as I am not sure whether to upgrade or not

Thanks
Brian

As long as you do note have a pace box any of the senders that have remote extending facilities will work

I'm looking into this and thought I would contact ntl because I have worked out that by upgrading to XL telephone I will actually be saving a few quid per month.

So I phoned ntl to see if I could get an offer on V+ in conjunction with upgrading and.........nightmare.

I got through to their "foreign" call centre and the guy on the other end didn't have a clue. In the space of 2 minutes all he could offer (over and over again) was their XL deal at £65 per month. QUite shocking when you think they gave me a permanent £25 discount when I said I was leaving six months ago. So in a nutshell, he wanted me to pay the installation charge and an extra £25 a month just for getting v+ (and larger broadband, but the L package suits me fine).

Might try and have another go today but I'm not holding my breath. Anything that vears away from the script in front of them and they are useless.

Depends on what you want to do. You could use a Slingbox to a PC or a Slingcatcher (lets you hook up straight to a TV and treat it like a normal DVR). It is an expensive solution however there is the bonus in that you can access your TV via an internet connection anywhere in the world. You can pick up cheapy radio sender kits for about £40. Be aware that they may be subject to interference or poor reception.

Hello,

We currently have V+ box in our lounge and now that our extension is finished at the back of our house would like to have cable out there too. I have spoken to Virgin and for another box it will be 75 installation and another 9 pounds a month. They will also need to run cable to the back of the house. I'm not particularly fussed about watching different channels at once, is it not possible to just run a link from our existing box out the back, Virgin said no!?! Also, is it possible to have a wireless link or am I dreaming here? A frien of mine has SKY in another room at his house and has what he calls a mouse that is just an infa red link to his main box.

What are my options? Lastly, if it is needed then I want to run in the cable to the back room before I finish decorating (I don't want Virgin to come along and run it over my new skirting boards!!!). What cable should I put in??

Many thanks for your help!!!!

If you have a V+ box already, an extra box is £5 per month. The £5 is for the extra outlet, not the box. So, you could have a standard box (at whatever instalation they charge ---- I think the £70 quoted is probably wrong)) or pay £150 instalation and have another v+ box. The extra monthly charge is still only £5, whichever box you have. The CS rep got it wrong. They did it with me when I added a second box recently (told me it was £10 PM). I would ring them again and tell them to check --- it is definitely only £5 for an extra outlet (VIP pricing is different and I'm assuming you're not on VIP or else you would have had a second box already).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom