• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Want to Watch NTL on projector. How?

waqaszaib

Standard Member
Hi guys my 1st post.

Well i have got a Samsung 2100C set top box and a Infocus IN76 projector.

I want to be able to watch ntl on my projector but cant.

The projector has component input (RGB) and the yellow composite and svideo input, HDMI, M1-DA/DVI.

I bought a scart to component output and connected that to the ntl box and the rest of the component wires to the projector but i got no signal at all. i then changed the settings in the ntl to output in component or was it RGB, but still got nothing. id appriciate any help guys.

Waqas

markymark34

there arent many output options on the 2100C have you considered an upgrade to the new ntl box?
Im sure someone on here can give you a full list of outputs but it definately has HDMI.

LFCRules

Just to get a picture, you could buy a scart to composite cable and plug it into yellow input, and change NTL to output composite, but that will give pretty poor output quality.

Personally for me and my NTL to projector (Infocus 5700), I use a JSTech RGB to component convertor, so NTL scart to scart to JSTech box, and component to component cable to projector.

Check out the for sale forum where you should find them going at good prices :smashin:

happyhomer

I've got a Panasonic DMR-EX75 DVD/HDD recorder which upscales over HDMI. I have connected my NTL box (RGB SCART) to this, which then upscales the cable picture to my Sony projector. Just one word of caution; a large screen does amplify poor quality channels, so don't expect miracles (a high bitrate channel does look very good though)

waqaszaib

Standard Member

happyhomer

Unfortunately the adaptor that you bought relies upon a component signal being output by the SCART socket on your cable box. This is not the case, which is why you need to convert the RGB output using the JS Technology converter. Hope that clears things up.

waqaszaib

Standard Member
Unfortunately the adaptor that you bought relies upon a component signal being output by the SCART socket on your cable box. This is not the case, which is why you need to convert the RGB output using the JS Technology converter. Hope that clears things up.

got it, thanks, now just need to find some one selling one.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom