• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Want to Upgade to a Blu Ray Player - Suggestions?

Chem_Eng

Standard Member
Good evening,

I have what is now an old home cinema system comprising a Pioneer PDP435XDE, Denon AVR 1906 Receiver, Denon DVD 1920 upscaling DVD player, and Kef KHT1005 sub-sat speakers. I'd like to get a Blu Ray player, as we are starting to buy triple play discs when we can and it seems a shame to let the Blu Ray discs sit in the case, and no doubt the picture quality will be much better.

I'm pretty sure that the Pioneer screen will display 1080p (but if anyone knows for sure that would be great) and would like to get a player that will visually match the rest of the gear, so silver box would be preferred. I am willing to pay up to 500, but wonder whether you get that much more for your money over a box costing 100.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give - I'm afraid that it has been a while since I was here last...

Jon

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Ideally you need a Blu-ray with analogue outputs so you can also benefit from HD Audio. It would utilise your AV amps 5.1 direct inputs.
Yamaha BD-A1010
Panasonic DMP-BDT500

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom