Want to try Skysports?

.Griff.

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Heard this in the background while listening to Sky News and thought it may be of interest to people contemplating the Sky Sports channels.

http://sports.sky.com/offers/skysportsweekend.htm

This weekend, indulge in two whole days of exciting Sky Sports – all at no extra cost! It’s our treat to you, so all you need to do is switch on, sit back and enjoy the action. And with big games from Barclays Premier League football. Guinness Premiership rugby and Twenty20 cricket, there’s loads to choose from. Just don’t forget to walk the dog...!

This also mean that if there is anything on Sky Sports this week that you fancy watching at the weekend then all you need to do is record it & then watch it t the weekend when Sky Sports is free to all subscribers.

Blimey that's a good offer.

I'm a subscriber already so it doesn't affect me, but do you think this also includes the HD coverage?

If so and there are those out there with HD but without sports (there must be some I suppose ;) ) I'd strongly recommend they tune in for a taster.

This also mean that if there is anything on Sky Sports this week that you fancy watching at the weekend then all you need to do is record it & then watch it t the weekend when Sky Sports is free to all subscribers.

Are you sure that would work?

Are you sure that would work?
Yes, it's just the converse of not being able to watch recorded content after downgrading a subscription. The progamme is decrypted when played back not when recorded.

I'd definitely be up for a bit of HD golf - any on over the weekend?

HD material over the weekend is -

Sport in HD 12:45 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Portsmouth v Liverpool Premier League
Sport in HD 17:20 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Plymouth v Cardiff Championship
Sport in HD 19:00 Sky Sports Xtra /
Sky Sports HD2 Hull K R v Huddersfield Super League
Sunday 16th September
Sport in HD 12:30 Sky Sports 3 /
Sky Sports HD2 Super 8 Twenty/20 World Championship
Sport in HD 13:00 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Watford v Southampton Championship
Sport in HD 16:00 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Manchester City v Aston Villa Premier League

HD material over the weekend is -

Sport in HD 12:45 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Portsmouth v Liverpool Premier League
Sport in HD 17:20 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Plymouth v Cardiff Championship
Sport in HD 19:00 Sky Sports Xtra /
Sky Sports HD2 Hull K R v Huddersfield Super League
Sunday 16th September
Sport in HD 12:30 Sky Sports 3 /
Sky Sports HD2 Super 8 Twenty/20 World Championship
Sport in HD 13:00 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Watford v Southampton Championship
Sport in HD 16:00 Sky Sports 1 /
Sky Sports HD1 Manchester City v Aston Villa Premier League

Nothing there I'd want to watch. Is there any golf or snooker, or is "Sport" just a synonym for "Footbball"?

So if its free to non subscribers then do subscribers like me get a refund for two days viewing?

Any fights on (Boxing, UFC etc) for free this weekend?

has anyone got it yet?
cos i dont.

just phoned their c/s.
they dont know anything about this offer and have had loads of phonecalls complaining.

Im subscribed to sports package any way.
But.... Im now getting them in HD which I don't normally as im not a HD subscriber

Tried this, seemed to record OK, but when I tried to play it back it gave me the subscribe message and No.!

Tried this, seemed to record OK, but when I tried to play it back it gave me the subscribe message and No.!

i recorded a footie match on HD and it let me play it but then i subscibe to HD.

i just recorded a part of the footie match on sky sports 1 (sd) and it let me playback ok so dont know what your problem is.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom