1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to order today!Please HELP...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JohnnyWalker, Feb 1, 2005.

1. JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. I´ve been reading stuff about HC for some time and i´m still confused. Because there are no demo rooms in Madeira(Portugal) i´m going to buy blind and now i´m sick of waiting and i need your help to decide what´s best. I´m going to order from Germany but with cash on delivery. But here are the reasons i haven´t decided yet:

-My living room is 6m x 7m so i need a fairly amount of power,isnt it?
    -My main interest are music(dvd concerts,stereo,and soon dvd-audio) and films in a ratio of 70/30
    -It has to be small speakers
    -Have a budget of 800£ for speakers and receiver

Here are my options:

-Infinity 750 with Denon 1905, but not sure about the speakers(http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=4498)

-Canton cd 1 with Yamaha 750, also not sure about the canton´s for music althought i can buy later some CD 100 for fronts, but will have a decent receiver( i think???) for new speakers in the future

-Pack canton cd 2.22 + yamaha 550, a little too expensive but should perform better with music, isnt it?

-KEF KHT 1005 or KEF KHT-2005.2 and Denon 1905, also a little out of budget with the 2005.2 sistem

-Wait and gather some more money and buy something like the Oreus or MS Genie and a Yamaha 750 or Denon 2105 :boring:

Also, i dont know if it is better to buy better speakers and a "weak" receiver, or, weaker speakers and a better receiver, in case of a future upgrade

Sorry about the long post, but i´m getting tired of not knowing what to do

:lease:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    go for the CD1 mate you will not be disapointed.........i did type a reallly long reply but something odd is going on today...

3. fozzybronze

fozzybronze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you go for the Yam 750 from germany it should leave you £500 for a speaker package and this should get you something decent.

I've just done this myself, but the size of room/wife permitted me to squeeze some floorstanders into a 5.1 system for better stereo reproduction.

Of little help I know, but to reiterate you should be able to locate a decent enough package on a budget of £500.

4. JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I´m thinking of getting 4 cd10, 1 cd50 and 1as22sc from Canton. Latter i can upgrade the fronts to cd100 and have a full 7.1. Or getting the CD1 package and in the future going for something much better(i hope :D ) What do you think?
    To complement this i will order a denon 1905 and pioneer 575.

Thanks for all the help

P.S.- By the way, could someone help me with the cables? I dont know what i need apart from scartBRG from tv to dvd and optical from dvd to amp. How about dvd-audio and speaker cables? I´m going to buy from www.tenspot.de

5. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25