1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to go home and play with my new toy!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cutes6, Mar 16, 2001.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I am sat at work and the time is going soooo sloooow.Why ? I'm a lucky boy who had his first projector installed yesterday the Ellie.My wife's first reaction was "Its so big" neadless to say she wasn't talking about me.I didnt sleep properly I didnt want to go to work and its only 2.30.What a picture on an 8ft screen.I bought the Ellie because of comments here and I want to thank you all it seems a great choice.Screens uk are fantastic,for a novice like me they were brilliant I can't say enough good things about them Jim,John and Linda have looked after me so well - I'm sat here with a big smile on my face people are getting worried about me - What a weekend its going to be.Anyway I will sign off and try not to watch the clock.If anybody has some tips about the Ellie then please let me know - see you later

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not really a tip for the Ellie but a tip for getting your first projector.

Don't bother trying to learn the projector commands or tinker with the setup for at least the first week if not longer. Just sit and watch films... and films... and more films.

In fact deliberately go back over older titles and you'll find a renewed faith in how good they can look. Enjoy it, but on a sadder note go up to your TV and give it a little kiss goodbye. Its likely you'll never use it agaion [​IMG]

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs HT Pics

3. samwiley

samwiley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't you just hate slow Fridays at work!

Who & where can I find Screens UK? - They sound like just the people that I need to speak to as I'm just starting to think BIG in the home cinema department and need advice.

4. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Samwilly if you go to the current advertiser area of this site under the remote control on the left you will find them.Be carefull because once you go to see the Ellie setup you will have to buyone if CRT is for you,they are based in Sutton Colfield north of Birmingham

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

5. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Jenze you are right about saying goodbye to the TV.I have the sony 41" 4:3 and its been fantastic . I have advertised it on this site but no interest yet maybe I'm asking too much.I would sell it for less but if it was a lot less I would want to keep it and try and fit in the bedroom some how.That would be funny changing the bed to a single and asking the wife to sleep in the other room then it would definately fit !!!

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

6. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Its 4.25 only 1.5 hrs to go YIPEEEEEEEEE

------------------
    A sucker for Toys !!

7. Nic Rhodes