• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Want to find SKYHD resolutions?

Tech_Guy

i wonder if anyone can help me. I trying to find a website with a list of all HD channels & the details on their current broadcasting resolutions? 1080i (1920x1080), 720P (1280x720.)

I know that BBCHD & E4HD / Channel4 HD are using 1080i. But is there any info on other HD channels. I think LUXETVHD also uses 1080i. But it would be nice to find somewhere that frequently posts upto date information on this particularly for all the other SKYHD channels.

Thanks to ALL.

:)

Martin J.

This is easy. In the UK, nobody broadcasts at 1280×720p/50. For some reason people think some of the Sky channels are at 720p, but that's a myth.

BBC HD, ITV HD and Luxe TV broadcast 1440×1080i/50. Everyone else uses 1920×1080i/50.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom