• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Want to create my own DVD/Blu-ray review site, please help

MrKennedy

Hi guys,

First off, i hope ive posted this is the right place...

I'm interested in creating a dvd/blu-ray website. i want to write my own reviews of the movies yet also do a resource for people to compare prices and also different editions (i.e. special editions/collectables/exclusives) from main stream UK stores?

my question is how can i go about doing so? i want to use artwork obviously as the dvd/blu-rays front cover's to promote items but is it easier to leave this alone? as i dont want to cause any issues in doing so....:rolleyes:

I want to feature links to the website to buy the dvd's/blu-rays, as i say just the same as a price comparison site or many other dvd/bluray sites...

i dont want to make anymoney from the site and wont be affiliated with anyone, i'll probably use blogspot.com to host it anyway.

please help, advice would be very welcome.
Thankyou:D

Last edited by a moderator:

MrKennedy

Ok thanks, i'm kind of thinking the blogspot.com idea because i like the look and feel of an easy to keep website that can just be added to, like the one i'd gave an example of.

I just want to know if i'm after using images is it best to ask places like play.com, hmv, zavvi if i can use there's? i highly doubt they will say yes, even though i'm promoting there items, but where else can i get front cover images to use? there are places like find-dvd.co.uk as well that i would like to use as an idea

Dextur

Distinguished Member
I would use the server side install of WordPress.

You can get some fantastic off the shelf themes now , many specifically designed for review sites.

The CMS on Wordpress is powerful and pretty flexible, you can build an entire site with it and it's free and has a very good support system in place from millions of users.

Re cover image rights, I woudn't worry, I've yet to know anybody that has worried about placing film cover art on their site. I'll bet the lads here at AVFORUMS don't have any specific deal to use the covers of the films.

Ian J

Banned
I'm interested in creating a dvd/blu-ray website. i want to write my own reviews of the movies yet also do a resource for people to compare prices and also different editions (i.e. special editions/collectables/exclusives) from main stream UK stores?

It's one thing designing a website and quite another to get people to read it. How do you intend to promote it once it's up and running

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom