Want to buy speakers for a 6.1 system with 2500-3000$, what good brands to look at?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by -=Kamikaze=-, Nov 22, 2002.

1. -=Kamikaze=-

-=Kamikaze=-
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is the deal, I’ve done research on every single component of my future HT system except the speakers. It turns out that speakers are THE hardest part to research after cables because there are so many brands and opinions. I can forget all about demoing before purchase as my location does not allow it so I’m buying these babies blind, or deaf. I want to build a 6.1 system with the two fronts, two rears, two centers and a subwoofer. I would like the 6 speakers to be of the same brand as it seems like a good decision. I have a budget of 2500-3000$ for the whole thing and so far the only brand my research has revealed that offer me this is the Polk speaker brand. If you can mention some good brands and possibly models that offer me what I want in my price range I would appreciate it very much. Please bear in mind that I cannot exceed my budget.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    What other kit, esp. the amp do you have in mind? Then we can narrow it down. Also what size/shape is your room and any WAF? Also are you after speakers for movies only or some music too?

3. -=Kamikaze=-

-=Kamikaze=-
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My amp is going to be the Denon AVC-A1SR or something similar. I'm going to get a new flat before I start building my HT so I don't know how the room will look like. But I reckon it will be somewhat square if not a little elongated and measure something between 15 and 25 square meters. I don’t know what WAF is but if it is relevant I’m thinking about sound proofing my HT room before use. I will be using the speakers for music as well as movies with more emphasis on movie watching.