1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to buy panny pw7 need help with connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lorielan, Nov 1, 2004.

1. lorielan

lorielan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone
    after reading several posts and opinion in this forum and elsewhere I'm convinced I want the new PW7 panny screen, my main concern is how to connect my existing hardware...
    I have at the moment a Sony VCR (I can see only scart connection) + DVD/Divx player Yamada (composite and scart), sat receiver NOT SKY = Humax 5400 (composite, scart, pc 9 pin), Nokia freeview receiver (it was once an On Digital receiver (only scart),
    for the audio part I have an old but very well working Yamaha 50W amplifier with 6 speakers connected to it.
    Can anyone suggest me the best possible connection?
    I have seen today the screen on sale at digital-point fpr £1799 including delivery and component board (TY42TM6Y), I think it is a good offer....

thanks in advance for your help

;)
    Lorie

2. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,358
    I'm no expert but as far as I can see, all your components have SCART RGB at best, though some may only have composite.

Whilst you could try daisy chaining, that is a lot of components so I personnally go for a SCART Switch (like the Quintro).

So connect SCART leads from each of the DVD, VCR, Freeview and Humax to the inputs of the Quintro. Output of the Quintro to a SCART terminal board on the Panel.

If all your devices support RGB then you may also want to consider a JS RGB to VGA convertor. This is supposed to give a superior picture and you don't need any terminal boards in the panel - just use the built-in VGA.

Either way I would say that in your case the Component Terminal board isn't much use to you and you would be best off with a SCART board or an RGB/VGA convertor.

I believe the Quintro also allows you to route some or all of its inputs to the Video input/output so you would be able to record from any source on the VCR using this set up - need to check that though as it is only what I have read.

Cheers,

Nigel