Want to build a decent pc

axillarypuma

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello i just joined the forums, so i wanna build a decent pc, not a monster to play bf4 but something normal that can play most of the mmos around, since im getting tired of my potato. my budget is tight, 400 bucks, but thats all i have, since i live in south america and building a pc here is crazy expensive im bringing stuff over from amazon, and maybe next year when i get another 400 bucks upgrade this pc (if if get to build it).

ok so im a noob when it comes to buying this sort of stuff, but im guessing the most important things to get are a decent graphics card, ram and processor, and well im going to post you the links of the stuff ive been seeing, hoping you can tell me what motherboard and power source to buy.

processor

Amazon.com: Intel Core i3-3220 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 Ghz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637i33220: Computers & Accessories

graphics card

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 1024MB GDDR5 DVI mHDMI Graphics Card 01G-P4-2650-KR: Electronics

RAM

Amazon.com: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit for Core i3, i5, i7 and Platforms SDRAM CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9: Electronics

by the way i have two 160gb hard drives would those work or should i get a new drive.

thanks in advance

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
i'll post a lengthier reply in the morning- its gone 2am here, with a spec and thoughts, the budgets not impossible but its tight. If you can get your hands on an OS seperately, and im assuming you have a monitor already then it should be doable.

You do understand this is a european (largely British) site. Don't get me wrong - I and (I'm sure) many others will be happy to help you and answer any questions we can. :smashin:

Are you coming over to the UK/europe? Or are you intending to go to the US?

I am not going anywhere, and sorry i honestly didnt know this was an european site, im buying the pieces from amazon and my cousin is going to receive them then send them to me, she lives in houston i think.

400bucks, what's that about 250quid! I would say just buy a few decent parts now then buy the rest next year when you get your other 400bucks. Or better still save the 400 and wait till next year.
Other than that it might be best to go second hand.

Welcome to the forum. I would lean towards saying hold off and go for it when you've saved up more or just go for a PS4/Xbox One as a better use of the money.

yeah i put better thought into it and i may just buy a console, pc gaming can wait :) i cant save those 400 bucks since theyre kind of like coupons that reset every year

in my sleep deprived state i assume you meant 400 pounds, yeah you need to save up another 150 really before youre in the realms of getting something worth getting.

yeah i put better thought into it and i may just buy a console, pc gaming can wait :) i cant save those 400 bucks since theyre kind of like coupons that reset every year

Good decision. Even with $800 (£500) you would be hard pushed to buy anything other than medium - low end parts. However - as Redboy1 said - you could buy decent second hand parts for that kind of money. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom