1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want Pio 433HDE ... but from where?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mikeycrawford, Dec 18, 2002.

1. mikeycrawford

mikeycrawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After a few months lurking on these boards I have decided that the Pioneer 444HDE is the one for us (actually wanted the MXE, but missus wants a silver plasma after seeing a Sony).

A quick search on dealtime came up with WebElectricals selling them at £4499. Has anyone seen a lower price?

I might try and get John Lewis to price match (the store in Oxford St are still doing 5yr warranty ... think I saw a thread that said this didn't apply to plasmas but the manager there said it was still 5yrs) as I got a good deal on a Sony KV32FX65 by price matching, but have to find someone with them in stock and cheap(ish)

TIA

Mike

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Can't remember what Joe Fernand is selling them for (www.tmfsolutions.co.uk) but his combination of price and service with advice and help is second to none.

Apologies if you already know this, but the difference in the two models is more than just the tuner - the MXE is a better performer than the HDE IMHO, shame about the bezel as you say. Talk to Joe for a balanced view on this.

Whatever, good choice - enjoy.

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Mike,

Philip is correct when he says that the MXE has superior picture quality to the HDE. You may be pleased to hear that Joe informed me that the 443MXE will be available with a silver bezel some time next year. If you can't wait until then, third party silver bezels are available but are rather pricey:eek: Joe's price for the HDE is £4522 and the MXE is £3763.

Hope this helps

Steve

4. JayBee

JayBee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just recently put the Pio on my list of possibles, and was wondring why the MXE is cheaper than the HDE if it's a better performer. :confused:

5. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi JayBee,

The MXE doesn't come with the tuner box - but I wouldn't have thought that it would cost £750 to make one of those. Don't forget the MXE is upgradeable so you can fit the new Key Digital or new Pioneer cards to provide better deinterlacing/scaling and also provide inputs like SDI or DVI-HDCP. I'm sure a future card will have an HDMI input for when we finally get HD-DVD.

Hope this helps.

Steve

6. mseabroo

mseabroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Mike,

Sound & Vision are offering the Pio 433HDE £4,125 delivered.
    According to the site they can sill manage elivery before Xmas.

This is the lowest price that I have seen so far.

Hope this helps

Rgds Mark
    #