Want new receiver with 3 digital inputs

peterpatch

Can anybody recommend a receiver that has at least 3 digital inputs? I currently have a Sony STR-DB940 which has a Sony DVD 200 disc multichanger linked with co-axial lead, and a Sony DVD recorder linked with optical lead. I would now like to link my Sky+ box but have no spare digital sockets. The 940 is getting on a bit so I would like to upgrade. I like Sony equipment but I will happily look at other makes such as Denon or Pioneer etc. All recommendations are greatly appreciated. Only problem is budget. I cannot afford to go above £350. Apologies if this has been asked before.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Well I can hartily recommend the Yamaha RXV357.

I have one of these & it's great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Has 3 Digital inputs - 1 x Coax & 2 x Optical
2 Component Inputs & 1 Component Output
The it has about 6 other RCA & Composite connections.

Plus the added bonus of being HD Compatible @ 720p & 1080i via Component

All that for under £150 :eek: :eek:

Suits me & my meager needs down to the ground, goes plenty loud enough & has all the usual raft of sound modes.

Mine was bought just before Christmas from Empire Direct with Yamaha's 5.1 Speaker package for £165 delivered.

Biggest bargain I've found anywhere & is comfortably within your budget.

Might not be the best around but for me it does everything I need & more besides.

HTH

Neil

pingu

peterpatch said:
Can anybody recommend a receiver that has at least 3 digital inputs? I currently have a Sony STR-DB940 which has a Sony DVD 200 disc multichanger linked with co-axial lead, and a Sony DVD recorder linked with optical lead. I would now like to link my Sky+ box but have no spare digital sockets. The 940 is getting on a bit so I would like to upgrade. I like Sony equipment but I will happily look at other makes such as Denon or Pioneer etc. All recommendations are greatly appreciated. Only problem is budget. I cannot afford to go above £350. Apologies if this has been asked before.
Hi,

I've got the same receiver and it has 3 digital inputs - MD/DAT (optical), TV/SAT (optical) and DVD/LD (both coax and optical)

Can't you just use the spare one?

Cheers,
pingu

peterpatch

Thanks for the recommendation Soundwave. I shall have a look at the Yamaha. Pingu, I thought the MD/DATconnection only gave a digital stereo link instead of a digital 5.1 link. Or have I got that wrong. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again.

pingu

peterpatch said:
Thanks for the recommendation Soundwave. I shall have a look at the Yamaha. Pingu, I thought the MD/DATconnection only gave a digital stereo link instead of a digital 5.1 link. Or have I got that wrong. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again.
Definitely a 5.1 link - I hook my xbox 360 up to it.

Cheers,
pingu.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom