1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want mission 77ds...hard to come by...so are Mission M7ds's worth while instead?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by TwinCityWild, Sep 23, 2005.

1. TwinCityWild

TwinCityWild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been trying to get my hands on some mission 77ds for a while...definately hard to come by. Seen a few pairs go on Ebay but most have gone for in excess of £90 and thats without postage. Anyway dare i say this name.. Hyperfi are selling some m7ds for £80..now ive got mission 702e's for my fronts and on the way a mission 77c1 for the centre...so is it worth going for the m7ds's? I know matching speakers is fairly important..so any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I picked up some 77DS for a sensible price on this forum where they normally go for around £70. Try a wanted ad. :)

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Matching the speakers at the rear to the front is less important as far less information goes front front to back and you can get away with mismatching speakers far easier.

I used to have Mission M7DS at the rear with M&K at the front and it worked well enough for films but less so for SACD or DVDA