want lap top to go on holiday with and use wi fi fi?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going on holiday in about 6 months time to new Zealand want top get a laptop because i hear they have good WI fi coverage out there. getting the lap top would save me having to track down an Internet cafe all the time.

how do i access the internet abroad with the lap top?

want lap top to go on holiday with and use WI fi

By wifi do you mean 'mobile broadband' as we have over here; 3g etc provided by all the major mobile networks. If so you'd most likely want to pick up a pay as you go one (usb dongle) for ease of use whilst over there

if i got a pay as you go dongle would i just use it exactly like i would over hear or would there be problem using it over there mobile network?

i thought in new Zealand they had free WI fi in alot of there cities?

If you go for a 3G broadband dongle, get it over there. If you get it over here, you'll get well and truly shafted for international roaming broadband charges.

If they have plenty of free WiFi hotspots any WiFi enabled device will be able to link to them free of charge.

If you are only bothered about internet access, have a look at a net book.

if i got a pay as you go dongle would i just use it exactly like i would over hear or would there be problem using it over there mobile network?

i thought in new Zealand they had free WI fi in alot of there cities?

Yeah same in this country :rotfl:, but you need to be in range of the signal, just travelling to New zealand won't give you free internet you will need to be in a zone offering the service

Yeah same in this country :rotfl:, but you need to be in range of the signal, just travelling to New zealand won't give you free internet you will need to be in a zone offering the service

The grass is always greener on the other side... :D

if I'm in a Major city that would most likely have wi fi but would it be free or do they charge? for the wi fi in the cities?

if I'm in a Major city that would most likely have wi fi but would it be free or do they charge? for the wi fi in the cities?

If you connect to the hotspot, and then you can browse, it's free.

If you connect to the hotspot, then they present a screen showing varying tariffs and asking for credit card details, it's not.

:smashin:

moved

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom