Want Kef eggs or Canton CD1 Ireland ?

Pajo

On "Hornydragons" advice, (cheers m8), in another thread, I want to buy Canton CD1s, or Kef 1005s, but I have googled for hours to find a retailer that

a) sells 'em
b) delivers to Rep. of Ireland

Anyone know any, please

balders

Novice Member
Rainbow6 had the same predicament some time ago - have a search through the forums for full details, or send him a pm. I believe he ended up with the CD1's by default as none of the Kef distributors in NI could match the prices available elsewhere in the UK.

Balders.

A

AChappers

Try a few German companies. I just bought the CD1s for less than 400 euros, about 260 pounds. I should receive them in the next week and will let you know if everything was ok. The supplier was www.mediaran.de. I hope this helps.

AChappers

antomack

Standard Member
I am in a similar position to yourself in that I was looking for Irish retailers of the packages recommended on the forum, including Kef eggs and Canton speakers. While I managed to find some retailers I still haven't decided on what speakers to get.

For Kef you can try
Cloney Audio, Blackrock, Co. Dublin. www.cloneyaudio.com
Peter Dand & Co., 111 Clonskeagh Road, Dublin 6. 2694433
Sherwoods, Waterford. www.sherwoods.ie (also stock Jamo)

Cloney quote €799 for the 1005 but offer €749 as cash price, the guy I dealt with was more interested in trying to sell me a dearer package such as B&W VM1's, than in offering a deal on the 1005. I had rang a few days before the demo and was given a price of €749 which the 2nd guy went on to say must have been a special sale price that wasn't available any more. The other 2 quote €750 as their price. I had a listen to the 1005 in Cloney and wasn't overly impressed for the price. The 2005 costs around €1200 from Sherwood, Cloney quoted about €1300.

The Cantons are stocked by Clubman in Malahide on 8405664, I received a brochure from them last week but haven't rang for prices yet.

I have seen some nice speaker packages in Harvey Norman in Swords for slightly cheaper than the 1005's which I thought sounded as good if not better, they are doing 10% of speakers at the moment or were on Saturday. They have Mission, JBL, Mordaunt Short, Infinity, Athena, Jamo and others, prices ranging from c.€400 to you name it for 5.1 setup with a good setup for demoing most of them.

Jamo speakers can be got from Dublin Hi-Fi on 4785205 and Sennheiser Ireland on 4294400 stock Elac speakers although they have not got back to me in reply to my e-mail of over a week ago for prices.

Another package that gets mentioned a lot on the forum is the Tannoy FX5.1 which can be got for €459 (black) or €479 (silver) from The Home Entertainment Centre, Tullamore, 0506 20800, Tommy McCabe is the guy I was dealing with.

Hope this helps in your search for suitable speakers, let me know how you get on as I'd be interested in knowing your experiences in dealing with the above retailers.

Pajo

thanks for the help guys.
Will check them out.

Under 400 euros in that German shop sounds good to me for the Canton cd1s, but they don't list Ireland, but I have emailed them to see, if it's possible, and I have also enquired from them, their price for the Cd22s

Pajo

Originally posted by AChappers
Try a few German companies. I just bought the CD1s for less than 400 euros, about 260 pounds. I should receive them in the next week and will let you know if everything was ok. The supplier was www.mediaran.de. I hope this helps.

AChappers
Damm, just had a reply from the above, unfortunately for some reason, they will not deliver to Ireland.
Back to the drawing board.:confused:

K

kiddi

if you go for the canton's let us know how you like 'em. I have speakers from the LE series and I really like them. Seems not many people have canton speakers...

hornydragon

Rainbow6 got them delivered, try homecinema heaven or speak to nic at standesign uk the importer as he can tell you of every dealer in ireland and might even ship direct if there is no dealer near you (at full RRP) PS tell him i sent you;)standesign

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom