Want fully learning hard button remote for UK gear

skyline32

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently using a Sony RM VL-900 bought from the USA after having read its review in remotecentral.

It is excellent but has one drawback in that it does not have the row of four coloured buttons which are becoming more frequent on UK original remotes. I can get round the lack of them for my TV and Sky box, but I've just changed my DVD recorder from a Tosh RD-XS32 to a Pioneer DVR-530H and the latter uses the coloured buttons for navigating the GuidePlus pages and setting up the timer.

So I'm looking for something which does all that the VL-900 does and also has the coloured buttons. Since I operate it entirely by feel and never look at it, it must be hard buttoned and a display is of no use. Also I'm not interested in anything which needs a PC to set up - simply learning my original remotes is perfectly adequate.

Looking at the Keene and Lektropacks sites I fear that what I want doesn't actually exist.

As it happens I already have one of those but it doesn't have anything like enough buttons. I wouldn't want to use the two columns of buttons under the flap, as that can't be done one-handed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom