1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want an LCD TV/PVR/DVDrw ??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Pezerinno, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Sorry I wasn't sure which section to put this in as I need a bit of advice for many different components. I'm in the middle of building a new pc but have gone off the idea of having a pci tv tuner card and instead going for a seperate tv instead. This pc is costing me loads and I'm a student (not a good combo :laugh: ) so I have quite a small budget for the tv stuff. I'm living in halls of residence so dont have much space. Ok what I want:

LCD TV (under £900 if pos) - have been looking at the Toshiba 27WL46.
    A PVR with inbuilt recordable DVD - probably don't need much space - Was looking at the Thomson DHD-4000.

My PC will be connected via 2 6800u's to a 20.1" widescreen LCD monitor with sound coming from some Logitech Z5500 5.1 surround sound speakers through an audigy 2 ZS sound card. For regurlar tv viewing the standard stereo speakers that come with the tv will be fine however when watching a movie/DVD could I connect up the logitech Z5500 pc speakers for some surround sound action? Would this work and produce good quality sound? I know they are very good speakers but generally intended for PC use, unfortunately I don't have the cash nor the room to buy myself a proper home theatre system. Would there be any other things I need? I'm a little unsure what in the way of cables I'd need to get the best quality viewing?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks, Nick.