Want Advice/Suggestions on Freeview Top Up TV Compatible Box

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Scubar2k8, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Scubar2k8

Scubar2k8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I figured you lot would be the best people to ask

Im looking for the following features of a Freeview box i want for when i get Setanta.

Freeview Compatible
    Black in Colour or Black and abit of Silver in colour
    HDD for Recording
    Top up TV Compatible For when i get Setanta
    Means of connecting it to my PC to transfer recordings.
    Optical or Coaxial SPDIF Out.
    Scart connection
    Not going to make a whole load of Noise

I was looking at the Thomson TI6300 that Setanta offer with their package as it seems to have all the features i want, the only thing is that i saw a review about it back in may that said it had a few very annoying glitches. ( not so sure about it now ? )

I was looking at the Humax Duovisio PVR-9200T but it doesnt mention anything about hooking it upto a PC or accepting a Top Up TV Card.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good box ?

2. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
  3. Scubar2k8

Scubar2k8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i see what you mean, I dont want top up Tv. I just want a Freeview box + Setanta Sports ( For when Arsenal TV Online Begins Airing in December :D ), But i want the freeview box to be able to record digital channels to HDD and then be able to hook upto my PC via usb or firewire. I also want the scart and spdif out aswell.

Would the Thomson TI6300 be worth going for or is there something alot better, Im not bothered about price too much if its worth it.

4. gaz010

gaz010
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are aware that what Setanta only offer one channel on the freeview package. That being Setanta Sports 1 no more no less:thumbsdow

If you want the Arsenal TV channel your best option would be to get that via cable or sky. :eek:

5. Scubar2k8

Scubar2k8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i guess ill wait until the Arsenal TV comes to setanta because thats all i want it for really and im not sure if its going to be avail on freeview. For the freeview box i had decided on either the Topfield 5800 or Humax 9200 but i wasnt sure if the Humax has USB connectivity and a CAM slot.

6. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I believe the Humax does have them and so does the Toppy. I was trying to decide between them, in the thread I started. I did not like the slow USB speed that they both have and a DIY modification was pointed out that can raise the speed of the Humax USB to 19MB/s from around 2MB/s. The Toppy is meant to be similarly slow at around 2+MB/s and with a Tap it can go to 3+Mb/s. But still very slow if you need to transfer quickly.

I would want the 250GB Toppy in black and I found a nice deal on them.