Want advice about a new watch

Nexus04

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed on the forums that there seems to be quite a few people who are "into" watches. I have been thinking about getting a new watch for some time and was considering something "high end". After lurking around various watch and timepiece forums I have now seen a few threads about Customised Seiko watches, and would quite like to get myself one because a.- It would be unique, and b.- they are very reasonably priced.

Now I know the easy thing would be to join said watch forums and ask questions there, but tbh I dont like signing up to too many differant sites and I have been on AV for a while and like I said there seems to be a few members who know a bit about watches.

So has anyone got a customised watch? Be it a Seiko or any other make?
And secondly if you have where did you get it from or do you know any shops or watchmakers who sell or customise watches

What do you really want out of a watch that you would consider investing a substantial amount of money in?

:)

I am looking for something that will stand the test of time, looks good obviously, and is well built. I have a liking for omega watches and am considering a Seamaster Planet Ocean. But as stated I have seen some customised Seikos and really like the thought of having a unique piece, and would probably make it a daily wearer due to it being relatively inexpensive. If I buy an Omega it would be my watch for wearing out on special occasions etc rather than daily wear.

I have a Seiko skx 007 and love it. It is not customised, but like you I have seen lots that have been. Before reading-up on Divers watches I didn't realise how popular and good Seiko watches were. Be sure to post a picture of yours if and when you customise a Seiko.

I have seen a modified SKX007 and am probably going to have to join the forum where I saw it just to find out who made it and where I can get one from!

Plenty to go around on our classifieds here. Just got to be quick!

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have emailed Yobokies but he replied that he could not do the mod I specified as he does not carry the parts needed. Will probably have to join the forum I saw it on and wait until my post count is high enough to post a wanted thread. Its something I dont really want to do but think it is a good idea. Think AV should implement it in their classified as I think it would help to cut down scam sellers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom