• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Want a new setup and im a complete noob :(

MacMad

Standard Member
Just got a 40" Samsung 6 series LED tv and now want to finish off my room setup

Ideally i want a blu-ray player but really dont know if i need an AV receiver like this sort of thing DISCONTINUED YAMAHA DSPAX757SE HOME CINEMA AMPLIFIER - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/2302 for details

or if i only need something like this and connect the surround sound speakers i already have to it Samsung BD-D5500 Blu-ray 3D Smart Hub Player with Built: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
but not sure if it will all work together

I love watching movies and play alot of xbox with turtle beach so need it to all work well together

go easy on me if im asking stupid questions, would just like some input :)
Cheers

davepuma

Distinguished Member
What speakers do you already have? The chances are, you won't be able to re-use them if they're from an all-in-one home cinema system as the impedance rating might be low (less than 6 ohms) and the subwoofer might be unpowered/passive.

Do you have a budget in mind?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom