Want a new HD LCD and have a few questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by taylor121314, Sep 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. taylor121314

taylor121314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm popping my forum cherry with this post so I’ll try not to sound too stupid. I'm looking at getting a HD ready LCD around the 40" mark, mainly for DVD's and PS3 with a little free view thrown in as well (sky hd in the distant future maybe).

I've had a look around and found a Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 for £880 new. A Bravia would be a preferred choice mainly because someone I know has one (I’m told it's a KDL-40S2030) and I like the way it deals with the picture. I've seen other brands that tend to oversize and cut off quite a bit of the picture. My mates Pioneer (42" I think) does this and it's something I don't like.

The Bravia looks like it's got a great spec and reviews are good but is there anything I should know? Is £880 a good deal? Is it a bit old now or is there anything out or coming out soon that beats it (similar price range)?

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Avoid the 40W2000.Its old cloudy and in a month the replacement time comes.The new W3000 will be more expensive but also the new V3000 will be better than W2000 too and will cost around 1.000-1.100£

3. n00b

n00b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    These are all settings and I'm pretty sure any tv will show you a picture in the format you require.

4. taylor121314

taylor121314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to my local empire direct and had a look around. First thing I noticed was that the sales staff are useless and only tell you what is on the tv spec sheet, which I can read myself.

Had a look around and the samsungs looked good. They seemed to have nice strong colours and black blacks if you know what I mean. But then they were next to some rubbish looking screens.

The models I liked the look of were the LE46M87BDX and LE40M87BDX
    What are these like, any problems?

Any alternatives anyone can think of would be helpful as well.
    Is it worth waiting a couple of months and then looking again?

5. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Do a search for the model number and you will find lots of info in those tv's.

Curly