Want a cheap DVD player?

A friend just bought a Pacific DVD2002 (made by Schneider) from ASDA for £39.97. It seems to play everything, build quality is fine (especially for the price), the picture and sound are also decent. It was easy to make multiregion through a handset hack.

For this price, it is almost disposable and they have an even cheaper player for £29.95 - a pacific DVD2001. The build doesn't look as good and it doesn't have a display but reviews credit it with a good PQ (apparently MR out of the box as well).

I have just bought a Toshiba SD330E from Safeways for £59.99 (on offer normally cost a tenner more or maybe twenty) and all I can say is that this player is really good for that type of money. It is supposed to be made mult-region by a firmaware upgrade that you can do yourself by burning the files to a CD rom downloaded from the net, but mine has played a couple of region 1 discs without doing this (dunno how). Great player for the money plays DVD-R's no problems and is a quality brand. Highly Recommended, you could get cheaper but probably not better ;)

Great - txs for that - most of my gear is Toshiba - and that is a good price for that

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom