Want a cheap DVD player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lcarter, May 7, 2004.

1. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know of any cheap DVD players out the market at moment
    Txs:clap:

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    A friend just bought a Pacific DVD2002 (made by Schneider) from ASDA for £39.97. It seems to play everything, build quality is fine (especially for the price), the picture and sound are also decent. It was easy to make multiregion through a handset hack.

For this price, it is almost disposable and they have an even cheaper player for £29.95 - a pacific DVD2001. The build doesn't look as good and it doesn't have a display but reviews credit it with a good PQ (apparently MR out of the box as well).

3. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,532
  4. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you
    I will have a look in Asda tomorrow.

Txs again

5. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I have just bought a Toshiba SD330E from Safeways for £59.99 (on offer normally cost a tenner more or maybe twenty) and all I can say is that this player is really good for that type of money. It is supposed to be made mult-region by a firmaware upgrade that you can do yourself by burning the files to a CD rom downloaded from the net, but mine has played a couple of region 1 discs without doing this (dunno how). Great player for the money plays DVD-R's no problems and is a quality brand. Highly Recommended, you could get cheaper but probably not better ;)

6. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great - txs for that - most of my gear is Toshiba - and that is a good price for that