• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

want a 32" lcd

Larksp

Standard Member
im looking for a 32" lcd hd tv under 600 would be nice...

its for a friend i have a Toshiba one and its great just wondering if there was anything else a bit better out now.

any idea's would be great thanks and maybe some urls to the price thanks

sorry another tv thread

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Sharp LC-32RD2
Toshiba 32WLT68
Sony KDL-32S3000

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
I have a friend that has the Panasonic LMD60 and that seems to be perfect. There is the new X range but they are a little more expensive. There may be some 32LXD7's around if you search.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Its by default order.All are very good!!Its beter to go and compare them side by side in a shop.An other one point is that the Sony is the cheapest!!

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
So will you get it?

Larksp

Standard Member
its not for me its for my friend so ill find out when i speak to him

i have a Toshiba 32" 66 one i think it is with freeview brought awhile ago now but is very good
and build my own speakers and so on :)

lostbok

Sony S2000 is pretty mediocre, especially compared to the Sony D3000! (which is very good indeed - but costs more!)

Likewise for the Panasonic LXD7 vs the LxD70. They're very different screens compared to their flashier siblings. Unlike the LXD700 which is the same creen, but with more features.

For that budget, a Panasonic TX32LXD70 should be your benchmark. EDIT: All prices below are for the better LXD70, NOT the LMD70 or LXD7!

TX-32LXD70 - includes 100Hz Motion processing.

TX-32LMD70 & TX-32LXD7- Aside from only 1 x HDMI and no VGA (in the LXD7), I really don't know what the difference is between the LXD7 and the LMD70.... both are 50Hz, both will handle up to 1080p signals (outputting in 720p).

Go here: Panasonic Comparison Table

BAck to the LXD70:

Should be able to get it incl VAT and delivery for £600: SoundAndVisionOnline seem to be chopping back and forth between £595 and £615 incl VAT and delivery. (plus they do V12 finance)

http://www.soundandvisiononline.co.uk/moreinfo/index.asp?product_id=12710

Pixmania actually send their screens from France... I ordered off them last year - they took the money off me instantly and then mucked about for two months "investigating" before they admitted that the screen never left France and then returned my money (fortunately including the "guaranteed 48 hour delivery" surcharge that I'd paid). I go the money back in March. Livid.

My 2p worth: EmpireDirect. £615 + £20 for next day delivery + £20 for an EDex card (3 year guarantee on all purchases from them for the next year - including your new TV).

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/?modelcode=PAN-TX32LXD70

Nopt the cheapest, but a three year guarantee and next day delivery from UK stock*. That's gonna be hard to beat!

* They say UK stock, but I'm not 100% certain it's UK sourced - I'm pretty sure the UK LXD70 should have grey trim, but ED were insistant that their was all-black. Maybe we had "crossed wires", maybe not - I ordered my Philips off them - delivery requested for Thurs/Friday.

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks for John Lewis to price-match, then you do get a 5 year guarantee from them - but they're very picky about who they'll price-match.

Larksp

Standard Member
thanks bit of price difference from the site sound V to the Pix one of about £200
but does have the uk shipping and that well ill pass over what i can and the rest will be up to him i guess thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom