1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wannadoo broadband any good?

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by Sab, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Sab

Sab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I am not sure if this is the right section to post this but here it goes anyway.

My post is about internet broadband services. Currently I have a 512 KB internet connection with Telewest which costs me 25 pounds a month. My contract runs out on 28th Jan and I was wondering whether Wannadoo broadband at 1 MB for 17.99 pounds a month would be better.

Doed anyone currently use Wannaddo broadband as an internet service provider and have there been any problems?

I must say that there have been no problems with Telewest broadband but Wannadoo is cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

2. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I have been using them since September, I have to say that I have had no issues. :smashin:

3. jackylad

jackylad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    apart from the usb modem everything is fine. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the modem I'd have just rather it not have been usb.

4. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been looking for a broadband package too and the problem I found with a lot of packages are the download limit. Wanadoo (I think) only allow a 2GB download limit on their £17.99 package. I'm looking into the Supanet package at the moment which seems to be the best option. It offers for £22.95 1GB connectivety, or for £19.95 512K, free modem, and unlimeted download limits! If anyone could inform me if there are any hidden problems with this package/company it would be appreciated!

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I've been using Wanadoo for around 5 months now. There is no cap applied at the moment although this may change next year. I have no problems with the service side of things however i did have issues with thier product branding and icon placement etc.

6. ptuxford

ptuxford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems with them at all. Probably the most reliable that I have experienced. (I installed it for a friend who had BT previously. In the ned they gave her $ back and said DSL would not work at her address :laugh: )
    :thumbsup:

7. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're interested in a faster connection Freedom-to-surf do a 2Mbit connection for £20

There is a 5GByte limit on downloads - and in over a year I've never used more than 2GB of that a month...downloads are unmetered after 1am so you can schedule big downloads if needs be (which I've never bothered to do).

8. dj_johnnyg

dj_johnnyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use plus.net at 19.99 a month for 2Mb speed (Actually 2.2Mb) with a 2Gb limit - Enough for my purposes.

9. RB5 Paul

RB5 Paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've used freeserve for years which has just changed to wanadoo and i've never had any problems,if the prices they charge on new offers go down then your payment goes down to match :D

10. Embarker

Embarker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Sab,

Is the 512k not 750k anyway?

I until last night had the 512k and was getting d/l of 122kb/s - way over 1mb - got greedy and upped it to the 4mb service - I now get 477kb/s