Wanna see my dish?!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Boy Lex, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I moved house last july and was damned if I was going to pay sky a load of money to send someone up a ladder. I also was told by my landlord that under no circumstances was I to drill into the brickwork. Check out the compromise...

Dish is attached to a piece of wood with some aluminium strips hanging on the window. The window still locks. The dish has been up with no movement even in gales since July (only ever did it as a temporary measure cos I was hoping the landlord would cave... given up harrassing him now!). Meters are usually at around 60% - would go and make it better if I could be bothered. Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. Roguey

Roguey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    lol, well its definitly different however - i dont want to see what u done for a tv ariel, probably got it coming out of chimely or something lol

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,477
    easy pickings for a thief?

4. uk_jih

uk_jih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    When I lived in Belgium, my sky dish was sat on the grass under a tree with an old coke can to elevate the LNB to the right angle and 2 cable ties to hold it to to the tree. It only moved twice in 15 months.

5. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Played a golf coures in worcestershire where there was a sky dish sat next to the 18th tee,for a static home.

6. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well like I said, the window latch still locks over it. Think you'd have a hard time taking the dish. If you want to break into the house you can pull the glass out of the frames on the ground floor in the kitchen (30s design flaw?!)!!!