Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Wanna Go Loud!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SBanga, Mar 23, 2005.

1. SBanga

SBanga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I need someone to advise me who has a bit of experience with mp3 players. I'm after the loudest and best sounding mp3 player regardless of features, storage capacity and price (within reason!!). I realise that this depends on headphones too, that's why I'm after someone with experience with several products.

Cheers
    Regards
    Sunil

2. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i´ve got HD3+Sony´s EX 51 and the quality sound is very good and you can go really loud switching off the EU models´ protection. The Sound is bassy and quite deep. You will enjoy it. The player is small, nice and long lasting... in the other hand is the sonicstage which you can get used to it at last...and the lack of making playlists on the go... but nothing is perfect...

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i agree with all that the hd3 has the best sound i have ever heard out of a portable music player.

4. twcheang

twcheang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, totally agreed. HD3 + MC40ELK + EX71 is a perfect combination for music :thumbsup: !!!

5. SuperSaiyan4

SuperSaiyan4
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Well I beg to HUGELY DIFFER! Have you guys actually heard of the audio from the new iRiver H10? which has SRS WOW enabled and like 15 different audio variant options? also it has 5gb and a colour screen! and Dixons are actually selling it the cheapest as to this date lol of only £180! anywhere else £200!
    I have the sony earphones with the silicon caps retail £35 and I tell you what in comparison to the Sony HD1 and 3 player...It has nothing on this new iRiver H10!! I was gobsmacked at the amazing audio on this new player and iRiver are well known to be one of the best on the market and is very load! Just stick it on SRS WOW and you will see :smashin:

6. drlau9

drlau9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Right my apple was really buggy when the 3rd gen was out, With apples constant updates my HDD mp3, acc, player is bugless. The only downside is the Battery churning out 7hrs 30 mins of play time, with eq setting to acoustic, and backlight setting to 2sec.

If you're a computer geek consider the ipod too, as you can h4ck the apple os software to Ipod Linux, So you can record sounds through you headphones. You also have the accessories like, extended battery pack, itrip, italk, Skins, Donut covers, Fm modules, speaker modules etc.

Oh and you can uncap it by using gopod1.1 then if you really want to boost it go get EU pod pro, enabling you to churn out +80db on your ipod without distortion giving that you buy decent earphones (headphones) etc.

One note. Apple ipods are dead easy to scratch.

dr.

7. SBanga

SBanga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    What exactly is this EU pod pro? Is it some sort of software? Does this make an ipod go really loud??? I need something that can drive ma headphones at least hard enough for me to really get into the music!

8. Squaky

Squaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The NW-HD3 has great sound quality and goes immensly loud (3/4 volume is too loud for me to listen to comfortably) if u turn off the volume supression. Only problem is, to get the best quality u have to record at 256kbps, so if uve got thousands of songs, the 20gig limit is a bit harsh