Wanderlust Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
I must confess, I actually rather liked Wanderlust. I knew what to expect with David Wain at the helm since I had seen Role Models, in which Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott played a painfully funny enforced "big Brother" scenario at the behest of the courts to two troublesome kids. I very much enjoyed it, and the prospect of Judd Apatow being on board for Wanderlust as producer seemed promising too. Basically, I was hoping for more of the same, and I wasn't disappointed. Wanderlust delivers just what you might have expected, an amusing and largely improvised comedy romantic romp. It doesn't take itself too seriously at all, which is a rare gift in comedy these days. This is demonstrated perfectly in one one of the out takes on the extras, where Jennifer Aniston is fielding...

Read the full review...

BRW

Novice Member
Well I enjoyed Role Models so might have to give this a look. Your review has certainly got me interested. It'll be the first ever Jennifer Aniston movie I've actively sought out!

Alan McDermott

Glad you're going to give it a shot!

It's funny, I genuinely thought that Elizabeth Banks would have fit in far better than Jennifer Aniston did in this!

Perhaps then it wouldn't have fallen just marginally short of Role Models :)

Curious to hear what you thought!

-al :smashin:

Kailash

watched this last night and laughed my wee socks off
just up my street comedy wise

will need to seek out role models :thumbsup:

Alan McDermott

Glad you enjoyed it! You won't be disappointed with Role Models if you liked this ;)

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I am 60 and definitely not a prude in the slightest but found the pouting in the mirror scene with all the I'm gona put my dyck here there and everywhere was rather uncomfortable to watch and deffo not at all funny.

Alan McDermott

I am 60 and definitely not a prude in the slightest but found the pouting in the mirror scene with all the I'm gona put my dyck here there and everywhere was rather uncomfortable to watch and deffo not at all funny.
Yeah I can understand where you're coming from. As I mentioned in my review, someone I watched the movie with for the first time didn't particularly enjoy that scene either, so it's certainly divisive stuff! I did find it rather amusing, and in some ways refreshing, since we don't really get very much of that improvised gross-out comedy these days.

There's definitely room for it amongst audiences, but I do take your point that it's truly cringe-worthy stuff.

Did you find the rest of the movie enjoyable at all?

Kailash

i laughed when he changed to the camp voice at the end in that scene
it is pretty raw stuff all the same

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Did you find the rest of the movie enjoyable at all?

As a movie I would personaly give it a 5.5/10 just as a comparison last night I watched Brave and would give that a 9.9/10.:)

Alan McDermott

Watch out for our review of Brave coming up real soon! :)

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Will do.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom