WandaVision Premiere (Disney+) TV Show Review & Comments

I don’t think Vision in either form will make it out if of this sadly, he was part of the memorial scene in Far From Home and that film is set quite some time after Endgame whereas this series is only weeks after.
Maybe a scenario where the Vision consciousness created by Wanda ends up in White Vision? So he would be alive in a way but not the Vision everyone is used to.

It’s funny that little mistakes present in the latest episode haven’t been mentioned once on here but are completely absorbing a thread over in BD Forum :rotfl:

It’s funny that little mistakes present in the latest episode haven’t been mentioned once on here but are completely absorbing a thread over in BD Forum :rotfl:

Is it the suitcase contents?

Because that's not a mistake.

Is it the suitcase contents?

Because that's not a mistake.
Yea that is what they are going nuts over, the fact her childhood flashback would have taken place in 1999 and Malcom in the Middle didn’t even air until 2000 plus that Dick Van Dyke boxset wasn’t released until 2005.

Maybe a scenario where the Vision consciousness created by Wanda ends up in White Vision? So he would be alive in a way but not the Vision everyone is used to.
That would be the obvious solution, the soul of Vision that Wanda gave form too merged with his repaired body bringing him back as if nothing had ever happened but I don’t think we will get such a feel good ending.

Perhaps she will merge them and he will go back to looking like he did before but will be a blank slate and not know who she is and fly off without a care which will be like loosing him yet again but during a post credit tease we will see him again and he will say something that hints too the audience he is still in there somewhere.

Yea that is what they are going nuts over, the fact her childhood flashback would have taken place in 1999 and Malcom in the Middle didn’t even air until 2000 plus that Dick Van Dyke boxset wasn’t released until 2005.

Ha I did think it was weird that there was a Malcom in the Middle VHS boxset, was sure it was a noughties show (but obviously didn't bother to look it up)!

It is the most expensive TV show ever made? Really?

I had assumed that apart from the big budget stars, production wise this was relatively standard fare for a new well advertised Disney/Amazon/Netflix series.
Interesting about your comment saying WandaVision is the most expensive TV show ever made, I did note that one of the heating elements for the super clean electric stove was sticking up at one end, though perhaps it was supposed to, it is meant to be an authentic 60's cheap plywood prop as are the retro kitchen cabinets etc.
I'm sure a number of shopfitting companies would have welcomed the Marvel contract as set builders.
I'm not sure what Marvel are thinking with this show, creatively WandaVision does seem a bit retrograde from the fast action CGI extravaganza most Marvel fans are used to, the plot is almost esoteric, and even though their are sci-fi fans who love intellectualising various classic sci-fi story arcs WandaVision will test the patience of many, having said that I will imagine this series will get a season 2.

Interesting about your comment saying WandaVision is the most expensive TV show ever made, I did note that one of the heating elements for the super clean electric stove was sticking up at one end, though perhaps it was supposed to, it is meant to be an authentic 60's cheap plywood prop as are the retro kitchen cabinets etc.
I'm sure a number of shopfitting companies would have welcomed the Marvel contract as set builders.
I'm not sure what Marvel are thinking with this show, creatively WandaVision does seem a bit retrograde from the fast action CGI extravaganza most Marvel fans are used to, the plot is almost esoteric, and even though their are sci-fi fans who love intellectualising various classic sci-fi story arcs WandaVision will test the patience of many, having said that I will imagine this series will get a season 2.
They don’t currently plan to do a second season, this was intended to be a one off.

creatively WandaVision does seem a bit retrograde from the fast action CGI extravaganza most Marvel fans are used to
That's interesting. This is the first time I've read that particular criticism of it.
Not really sure what you mean by 'creatively retrograde'.

That WandaVision is closer to a Phase 1 movie than Infinity War or Endgame?
Or that it's simpler or less ambitious or that we've seen it done before?

I watched Episode 1 last night. I liked it, but I wasn't jumping up and down with glee. I know it gets better though.

Admire the boldness however. Penning that script and setting for the opening must have raised a few eyebrows.

I watched Episode 1 last night. I liked it, but I wasn't jumping up and down with glee. I know it gets better though.

Admire the boldness however. Penning that script and setting for the opening must have raised a few eyebrows.
You're off to a good start then because I completely hated it at that stage :laugh:

Skip the first two. Go straight to three! :p

First you wouldn't get on the Aliens hype train with me, now you're telling me to skip Episodes 1 and 2!! Are you some kind of demon figure!? :D

You're off to a good start then because I completely hated it at that stage :laugh:

I loved it :) Bettany and Olsen were brilliant, I could watch a 24 episode season of it :laugh:

Now watched episode 3 though as well....

benny.gif

First you wouldn't get on the Aliens hype train with me, now you're telling me to skip Episodes 1 and 2!! Are you some kind of demon figure!? :D
I work for Mephisto, speak with him!

EDIT: Mid credit and end credit scenes :smashin:

Last edited:
whats the end sequence? Caught the mid one but didnt wait around for the end...

Wanda in a hut somewhere in the mountains. She's cooking (or something). Then the camera pans through to the next room, and Wanda is there in full costume, reading the Darkhold. Suddenly, she hears her children calling for help.

So basically, she has the Darkhold, she's using it to learn how to use her powers (hence the other Wanda; presumably a projection), and her kids are alive somewhere.

Wanda in a hut somewhere in the mountains. She's cooking (or something). Then the camera pans through to the next room, and Wanda is there in full costume, reading the Darkhold. Suddenly, she hears her children calling for help.

So basically, she has the Darkhold, she's using it to learn how to use her powers (hence the other Wanda; presumably a projection), and her kids are alive somewhere.

cheers - i'll probably rewatch it after work. :D

There was a point mid-way through the finale, I thought they'd overcooked it but then the last sections took over and were perfectly pitched and pretty emotional. What a breath of fresh air this series has been

agree...

the discussion between the 2 visions was a very cool moment and a bit of a breath of fresh air from another throwing each other through buildings type battle that it started with..

cant remember the line exactly but the stop in battle and "I require elaboration" or something like that was great

I've now updated the review with some final thoughts on the series as a whole.

There are mild spoilers for episode 4 which is a marked turning point for the season.

What an awesome kick-off to a new era of Marvel TV shows. I will be very surprised if Falcon and The Winter Soldier can match it, but who knows at this point?

I've now updated the review with some final thoughts on the series as a whole.

There are mild spoilers for episode 4 which is a marked turning point for the season.

What an awesome kick-off to a new era of Marvel TV shows. I will be very surprised if Falcon and The Winter Soldier can match it, but who knows at this point?
FatWS is going to be a completely different kettle of fish and that's what people will need to get their hear around. Comics, from which these are based, are all tonally very different. You can't compare one to another due to how the different characters handle situations etc.

I wasn't a fan of most episodes but at least I was invested in the mystery
and I feel the finale goes full Marvel, which is a stark contrast to the rest of the show. I found it disappointing in that way, if you're going the intellectual route then stick to it all the way through.
I like the emotional moments at the end but everything before that felt a bit cartoonesque.

IMG_20210305_124120.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom