WandaVision Premiere (Disney+) TV Show Review & Comments

The faux advert in episode three gives a name.... again.

Iam glad others are enjoying the program but out of curiosity are those who are enjoying Wandervision are you all errrr errr maybe a bit older than 50 or 60 maybe ? Just with a few comments of people saying they loved bewitched etc etc got me thinking thats maybe why they like Wandervision because I hated bewitched as a kid 🤷‍♂️

Iam glad others are enjoying the program but out of curiosity are those who are enjoying Wandervision are you all errrr errr maybe a bit older than 50 or 60 maybe ? Just with a few comments of people saying they loved bewitched etc etc got me thinking thats maybe why they like Wandervision because I hated bewitched as a kid 🤷‍♂️
I'm definitely not 50 or 60 and have enjoyed the series so far.
If the whole series was B&W and 'bewitched-ish' like episode 1 then sure, I may have not bothered with it - but all the episodes so far have been completely different, and I'm interested to see what happens next.

I'd actually be interested to find out what percentage of nay-sayers are avid Marvel movie fans, as certainly star wars fans seem to become mildly rabid when something non-canon happens!

I'm 43, and enjoying it. I did grow up watching and loving the repeats of stuff like Bewitched, Brady Bunch and all manner of campy Irwin Allen series (Lost In Space, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Time Tunnel etc) though so maybe I'm in the minority.

I'm 43, and enjoying it. I did grow up watching and loving the repeats of stuff like Bewitched, Brady Bunch and all manner of campy Irwin Allen series (Lost In Space, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Time Tunnel etc) though so maybe I'm in the minority.
Iam 45 but hated all those shows you mentioned so maybe thats why I cant bring myself to watch more than 5 minutes of Wander haha

Iam 45 but hated all those shows you mentioned so maybe thats why I cant bring myself to watch more than 5 minutes of Wander haha
I wonder if it's wander or wanda? Try saying that fast three times...

I am 50 years old and I am a marvel fan the first episodes are not dressed to watch all the episodes or changed the channel but from the middle of the third I am interested in the life of a witch I have never been interested so much but I saw some episodes as a child and fun but in 2021 I expect a new series. in fact from the 4th episode I expect the series I wanted. hopefully star wars I like it but I am not an avid fan but I am interested now I am waiting for the marvel films 2021 and we hope that the pandemic does not take too long to go to the cinema to see the films

I am 50 years old and I am a marvel fan the first episodes are not dressed to watch all the episodes or changed the channel but from the middle of the third I am interested in the life of a witch I have never been interested so much but I saw some episodes as a child and fun but in 2021 I expect a new series. in fact from the 4th episode I expect the series I wanted. hopefully star wars I like it but I am not an avid fan but I am interested now I am waiting for the marvel films 2021 and we hope that the pandemic does not take too long to go to the cinema to see the films
Regardless of what happens with the pandemic / cinemas, I'd hazard a guess they'll probably also land on Disney+ like Mulan did - hefty fee if one wants to watch it on release day. Personally I think it's going to take some considerable time and effort to get people back into cinemas again.

I'm 27 and have never been into sitcoms at all.

I actively avoid anything with a laugh track. I just refuse to watch them.

WandaVision is still brilliant.

My enjoyment of WandaVision has nothing to do with me being a fan of old American sit-coms from the 50s/60/70s (which I'm not). Nor does it have anything to do with my age (I'm 51).

I'm enjoying it because it's a brilliantly crafted supernatural/sci-fi mystery thriller with extremely high production values, lovingly put together by the team creating it. Besides, the sit-com aspect is just the hook that's being used to draw viewers in. We all know that the show is going to morph into more traditional superhero territory within the next few episodes. I'm not in any particular hurry to get there and I'm enjoying the ride.

Last edited:
57 here and remember some of the sitcoms this series is referring to, only because family used to watch them in the late 60s / early 70s. The fact these episodes are "set" during these sitcoms is neither here nor there to me, it's the developing underlying story line which is keeping me tuned in.

Really enjoying it, if only to try and work out what's going on with whom. An single episode is usually in my head for a couple of days afterwards whilst I gather theories from the net.

Looking forward to the remaining episodes and once all done will probably go back and binge as it'll no doubt make a lot more sense when seen all in one go, esp why are these sitcoms used rather than just a single setting.

My two penneth worth.

KH

I'll give it another go as ive rewatached all my favorite sci fi films too many times🤞

I didn't like the first episode, but it's growing on me. I still don't love it, but I'll stick with it for now.

I'm 62 and remember watching Bewitched et al and enjoying them (simpler times), but I didn't like this.

I have all the Marvel movies on disc but wouldn't call myself an avid fan. I've written on here that I'm bored with MCU and enough is enough. So I have missed some of the little clues alluded to here, and can only see this leaving me behind. If it gets too "clever", it may turn into a series just for those who know the universe inside out and are able to catch the nuances of what;s going on.

Happy that many are enjoying it, even though I'm not, as there will be some stuff on Disney+ which goes the other way.

Anyone not happy with the retro oddities of ep 1-3 will like ep 4 a bit more I think!...
]

Regardless of what happens with the pandemic / cinemas, I'd hazard a guess they'll probably also land on Disney+ like Mulan did - hefty fee if one wants to watch it on release day. Personally I think it's going to take some considerable time and effort to get people back into cinemas again.

If could be like new zealand, with compulsory quarantine on all arrivals, it would be possible once we are all vaccinated.

But sadly i fear you may be right.

Late 40s an really disliked the old sitcoms and really hate laughter tracks.

I'm getting a bit bored of comic book TV and film, just a bit too much for me.

I'm hoping we've moved past the B&W rubbish and canned laughter now.

Late 40s an really disliked the old sitcoms and really hate laughter tracks.

I'm getting a bit bored of comic book TV and film, just a bit too much for me.

I'm hoping we've moved past the B&W rubbish and canned laughter now.
Not seen the series but I thought the series start was suppose to be like I Love Lucy which was 50s.
I can hardly watch The Big Bang Theory now as almost every line has a laughter added.

Not seen the series but I thought the series start was suppose to be like I Love Lucy which was 50s.
I can hardly watch The Big Bang Theory now as almost every line has a laughter added.
I watched an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys once and thought it was one of the most embarrassingly awful programs I'd ever watched... but on reflection that was probably because it was crap rather than because it had canned laughter.

I watched an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys once and thought it was one of the most embarrassingly awful programs I'd ever watched... but on reflection that was probably because it was crap rather than because it had canned laughter.
I agree, just terrible IMO.

I've seen a bit of Big Bang without the laughter track, certainly loses a hell of a lot of it's shine!

I think lasted about 5 minute tops a lot was very old jokes.

I've not a fan of canned laugher either, but technically this wasn't. WandaVision was filmed in front of a real live audience.

I guess the effect is mostly similar though.

I've not a fan of canned laugher either, but technically this wasn't. WandaVision was filmed in front of a real live audience.

I guess the effect is mostly similar though.
Only the first episode was filmed with an audience. And I don’t think it was as grating then.

I’m liking it overall but the canned laughter was particularly terrible in episode 3.

If could be like new zealand, with compulsory quarantine on all arrivals
And here in Oz :) and only our citizens allowed back at all for that matter.........

Here in Canberra we can have 60% in cinemas nowadays. I’ve been to a few films recently and it is something I missed when they were shut down that’s for sure :)

sorry - wandered a bit more OT there .....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom